Fidelity BrokerageLink

Nov 5, 2018 6 Comments

Who uses brokerage link? And why do you use it?

I was going to use it to invest 401k contributions into VTI but fidelity offers its own “Vang snp index tracker trust”.


Want to comment? LOG IN or SIGN UP
TOP 6 Comments
  • LinkedIn zen-art
    I use it to invest in Small-cap Value (IJS) and emerging markets (IEMG) funds since the default LinkedIn plan options are too expensive in these categories.

    If you have a good S&P 500 fund that's inexpensive, I don't see the point of tracking the Total stock market (VTI) since over 80% of VTI includes S&P500 any way; the remaining 20% gives slightly better diversification but not worth opening a brokerage link just for that alone IMO.
    Nov 5, 2018 4
    • LinkedIn concierge
      Thanks. I actually want to make use of institutional funds such as fxaix as well, so i want to contribute to both 401k funds in the plan, and brokeragelink account with the freedom to invest in anything.
      Nov 5, 2018
    • LinkedIn zen-art
      Yes, you can do that. I contribute only 20% into BL.
      Nov 5, 2018
  • Microsoft / Eng Tier 1
    I use it for stock trading.

    One of the advantages of BrokerageLink is that because I won’t see the money for decades, I have much less emotional attachment to the outcome.

    I find it a great way to get experience.
    Nov 5, 2018 0


    Real time salary information from verified employees