Switching to new company while ead is processing?

New / Data wksjqka9
Jul 13, 2019 6 Comments

I’m still waiting for my ead card to come out even 3months after my opt app is submitted. This makes me so nervous and afraid of the chance that my offer might get canceled.. worst case scenario — i might have to get a new job if my company doesn’t wanna wait for me. Should I start applying to new companies? Is it possible to switch to new company while my ead is processing? Ah why visa never made me this frustrated..


Want to comment? LOG IN or SIGN UP
TOP 6 Comments
  • Ciena ORdG16
    Also hate to great it to you, but be prepared to wait 2 more months. Mine took 5.
    Jul 14, 2019 3
    • Ciena ORdG16
      My company waited, most companies are pretty understanding. Have you asked if they’ll wait? If they say yes, then you don’t need to interview.
      Jul 16, 2019
    • New / Design acr235586f
      I’m the OP. want to ask but I heard some people got the card in 5 months. So I need to ask them to wait for me 2 months more from now .... would this be too long to wait?
      Jul 16, 2019
  • Ciena ORdG16
    It’s very easy to switch. Just need to update your online portal.
    Jul 14, 2019 0
  • New mKGe04
    lol you just got started. Your visa worries have a long way to go. H1b then green card. Assuming your not from India/China it wont be that bad then. I do feel bad for them though
    Jul 13, 2019 0


    Real time salary information from verified employees