I am now pissed how Tesla is misleading public and playing with their lives. Musk has now brought in enablers who are now creating this perception that everyone in Silicon Valley from Google to Apple to Cruise to Argo AI to Uber is wrong in their approach for Autonomous Driving and Tesla is right.
All these companies are using LIDAR. Tesla doesn’t. Because Tesla is not making FSD. they are running a fraud and calling that auto pilot.
autonomous Driving needs LIDAR. But musk is saying they are going to compete with Uber as their cars are very soon going to be Autonomous Driving they would use Tesla Network. There is NO Tesla Network. It’s all a lie.
I am so amazed Andrey Karpathy is complicit in this fraud as Director of AI at Tesla.
- SAP ksYR03OPDude. LIDAR is used because it maps a 3D 360 image of surrounding around a car. That’s needed because a camera is not the same as human eyes. When you drive you have ears also which give you a sense of something coming from side even if it is not in ur vision due to sound. So u do have some kind of sense of 360 picture around u while driving. LIDAR tried to take care of that redundancy. And come on do u really think ur comment makes sense? Apple and Google have the best AI experts. Are they idiots to use LIDAR which costs a bit to do this if it is possible without that? Musk is lying
- OpenTable MeliodasMust be why boats and planes use LIDAR over other means of autopilot.
And, why auto companies have shown no interest in millimeter wave radar.
- Musk said FSD 2017. Then 2018. Now 2019. I mean come one. This guy is a liar. He is taking money from ppl for this and hasn’t delivered the tech. Pure fraud
- Pure fraud. The sad thing is they can’t even make profitable cars. The FSD fraud they get money for is a large part of their pathetic margins on their most expensive m3 models they nobody wants anymore.
That’s why they selling returned 2018 versions as part of a delayed registration scheme.Apr 24, 2019 1
- New hypecreamOP, this thread is full of Tesla boys protecting their master. I agree with you though. As I read a lot a out self driving, Tesla is down in the pack of capabilities today.
The issue is that they are the most vocal but the least able to pull something off. Waymo and Cruise are wayyyyyy in front
- The funny thing is that it’s only Tesla employees defending the brand lol. Word has gotten out, losers!
- Uber zhyMusk promised full auto pilot by the end of this year, let’s get some popcorn and enjoy the show! ;)