What Microsoft benefits do you lose at Amazon?
When comparing offers, benefits make things less black and white. Microsoft has great benefits that are easy to overlook when a big signing bonus offer is made, but that’s a long term benefit whereas the immediately available benefits can really impact life starting on Day 1.
Sounds like Microsoft is better for the things below but how much?
- 401k match
- HSA contributions
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid time off (vacation + sick + holidays)
- Average cash (not stock) bonuses
- Microsoft Prime discounts (especially on Apple, Mercedes and other cars)
Are they identical for these below? If not, what’s the difference?
- Medical & dental including ortho, deductibles & max out of pocket
- prescription co-pay?
- Pre-existing conditions issues for new hires?
- YMCA membership / health club benefits?
- ESPP discounts and limits?
- Patent application rewards?
Business Travel considerations?
Any huge Amazon benefits Microsoft doesn’t have?
What else am I forgetting?