I have 2013 Accord LX 55k miles, and had intermittent starting problem from last few months, Doesn't matter if it's cold or hot, sometimes it just doesn't start. I leave it alont for about a min or two with key out and then it'll start, sometimes longer. Battery is not the problem and I've already taken to the dealership to have them check the battery and the starting system. Checked out ok, they couldn't duplicate. Anybody else have this problem?
Now it won't start at all. I found the recall is for V6 models only. What should I do at this point?
- Microsoft DOyu71I could tell the name of the mechanic we use who does excellent work for a cheap price... but I won't. I want to he able to get in to see him when my car craps out.
- When I turn the key to start the car, all I hear is a click sound, no crank at all. I tried replacing battrey thrice, even tried V6 battery, tested starter and alternator. I found there are tons of owners who face same issue. I went to honda dealer few months back and they said they are getting a lot of similar complaints but they can't pinpoint if it's starter or ignition control switch or something else. .. they suggested to keep driving until it stops starting then tow the car to them :(
- When you pop the hood and listen for the click, it could be in the location of the starter solenoid or relay (ignition control switch). If the starter clicks (usually a bit louder), and you have plenty of voltage, which it sounds like you do, then it's the starter, otherwise the relay or a cable issue between them.
Have them replace the offending part. Here's a dude that kind of explains in a random truck:
https://youtu.be/yDDGBJY58E0Nov 11, 20181
- I can buy starter and replace myself but i am confused because Some owner reported, replacing starter didn't help for them.
- Here are complaints from more owners : http://m.carcomplaints.com/Honda/Accord/2013/electrical/starter_failure.shtml