What are you buying this Black Friday? Post a good deal, or something you bought, from where and for how much! I’ll start, just bought a Segway ES4 for $582 on Amazon.
- New दिलजलेI feel like the more i earn and can afford flashier things, the less i want them. I have been pursuing a minimalist life recently and find joy when i can throw away things which i thought i couldn't live without. Not passing a judgement, but just wanted to share 🙂
- I’m not sure about that
past tense: amortized; past participle: amortized
gradually write off the initial cost of (an asset).
"they want to amortize the tooling costs quickly"
reduce or extinguish (a debt) by money regularly put aside.
"loan fees can be amortized over the life of the mortgage"
This comment was deleted by original commenter.
- MacBook Pro 13" 2.3 ghz 16GB 1TB for $2,349, no tax. Not a massive savings but $500 less than thru Apple. Also used new credit card with $300 cash bonus on $3k spending
- If you just need compute power for ML tasks, it’s more cost efficient to run a custom build at home (it can be headless, just SSH in when you need) or even just as-needed via AWS. Point being, I really think the main use for beefy laptops you’re describing is for non-technical artists and people doing intensive media work. It’s your money of course.. just my opinion.
- Buying anything non-Apple is always more cost effective ;). But really, seven years ago I thought 4gb ram and whatever CPU my MBA has was overkill for light home usage. Now it chugs while browsing Airbnb and other js heavy pages to the point where it's just easier using my work laptop. I'm hoping the bloat in webpage UX and general software has plateaued, but I wouldn't bet on it.
- Nothing. I plan to sleep in and fuck my gf and be thankful I honestly don't want anything material.