Can female supervisor be sexist against female reporters?Oct 26
My manager treated me super harsh very personally. I think I’m a tough girl, but she’s still made me cried at work for 3times in the first 5 months. I don’t know if it’s a nationality thing, or a gender thing, or age?
- Microsoft -+-+-+-Girl here. For some reason (perhaps just not enough sample data for proper stats), but I've had more negative experience with females during interviews or while at work. They seem to take any disagreement personally, and it's harder to use any logic after this happens.
- No surprise, i seen many Indian girls/women in very hard to work , they r arrogant and stupid sexists , egocentric thinking they r super smart.
- THIS. Many metoo situations are work problems and politics but due to different gender get portrayed as sexual. The Uber lady post pointed to a corrosive office culture more than sexual stuff.
- Prosper DadahoundmoreMy middle aged woman manager constantly undermines anyone who knows anything more than her... and all she knows is to make the most useless PowerPoint presentations. But upper management loves such middle management women because they’re non-threatening to upper management and perfectly opaque middle layer so the people under it just remain minions and stay down
- Nextdoor hLoz28Yes. Much like AvenueQ would say, we can all be sexist/mysoginist, racist, etc regardless or our own gender or race. We're all raised to think of women a certain way and I think that translates to internalized mysoginy in women sometimes too. I know I've had to unlearn things as I've gotten older. If you're looking for a new job by any chance, I'm always happy to chat! My manager at Nextdoor is super great and I feel positively about the culture overall.
- MapR Technologies v5gfrj6That's a red flag regardless of gender. Do not try to rationalize... make sure your leadership and HR knows and ask for a change. Btw... write down the facts as they happened dispassionately. Separate your emotions from her words. She said x. It felt like y. I felt z. I said w.