Can we Re-negotiate an accepted offer?

Bloomberg dNtv18
Dec 4, 2018 8 Comments

Hi,

I have received an offer from VMware during last Feb and was not able to join the company due to my H1b getting picked up already at my current company.

I have postponed the joining to Feb 2019 as the new Propel batch starts at that time.

Also they mentioned that this would be the final offer when they offered during Feb 2018.

However in my current situation I will be joining almost 1 year after they gave me the offer and was wondering if I should/can re negotiate my offer.If so, how should i proceed?

Also note that the current offer was given to beat the offer at my current company.

In addition, my work exp at the current company will be 10 Months by Feb and am due for a raise/bonus during Feb.

TC offered by VMware:

Base: 125K,
Sign on: 25k,
Relocation :10k,
RSU:70k

Please advise

comments

Want to comment? LOG IN or SIGN UP
TOP 8 Comments
  • VMware MkEP58
    I would advise you to accept the offer term you initially agreed. Did VMware pull your offer from you when your visa didn’t go through as plan? Did they hold their commitment to you by honoring you to have a job when your visa was approved? Is it VMware’s fault your visa wasn’t approved, way give them a sour taste about you. For me, honor and reputation should mean more to you in the Valley than a couple of $K more short term.
    Dec 6, 2018 0
  • PayPal Firstman
    So you had 2 applications for h1b? I heard duplicate application candidates will be blacklisted. Not sure can you tell your story with this?
    Dec 4, 2018 2
    • Yelp CapKirk
      That's a different casw
      Dec 4, 2018
    • Bloomberg dNtv18
      OP
      We can apply as one company is applying for a future employee
      Dec 5, 2018
  • Cisco hounu
    Did u tell them about you joining next year before interview or after?
    Dec 4, 2018 1
    • Bloomberg dNtv18
      OP
      The joining is done in batches(july or feb).I had to do it sometime in June as my H1b got approved in my current company.
      Dec 5, 2018
  • OSIsoft
    Igg

    OSIsoft

    PRE
    OSIsoft
    Iggmore
    You definitely should negotiate. Offer is reasonable though. RSU can go as high as 170k.
    Dec 4, 2018 0
  • Microsoft / Eng
    coalsb

    Microsoft Eng

    PRE
    Freelancer
    coalsbmore
    Man that's a pickle, same boat. This h1b will be the death of me
    Dec 4, 2018 0

Salary
Comparison

    Real time salary information from verified employees