Recently came to know that my daughter may be seeing/attracted to someone(a guy :)) who is 4-5 years elder to her. She is 14-15. What should I do as a parent. Should I even do something? Serious opinion only fellas-
TOP 58 Comments
- 13 year old girls get fucked all the time in US. Even I had sex at that she. You can’t stop it. Just tell your daughter to always do with a condom and not be a teen mom.
- @BlindGold, do you understand we are talking about 20 years old possibly molesting 14-15 years old? It is not about 15 years old dating a guy in her age. If an adult had physical relationship with a minor, we should report to police and he will serve years in prison. You don't sound like you know the law in US and are probably an immigrant yourself.
- I know as per law you are not allowed to have sex or have alcohol before you turn 18. But lot of people do that. I think it’s fine if it’s consensual. Molesting is not consensual.
If you don’t believe that, just ask someone in high school who is open to tell you the truth.Nov 12, 2017 1
- it is rape when a person in the relationship is under age : that person can not legally consent. that is because they are not old enough to understand what they are doing and what the consequences are due to underdeveloped pre frontal cortex ie they lack insight to prevent impulsivity. it's beyond gross that you are arguing what you are in this context.Nov 12, 2017 1
- @BlondeGold Again we are NOT talking about sex with similar age. We are talking about 20 years old with 15 years old! I am not sure what is going on in your home country but it is illegal here and you serve the prison time if you do. Ask high school students? Are you kidding me? You try that first. First thing they will do is calling for police as you immediately become a child predator suspect. If you don't know how serious of a crime that is, just search for the news article.
I don't know how you learnt about US culture but you have complete misunderstanding. It might not be illegal in rural areas of some developing countries but it is here in US. Just have conversation with your American colleagues. They may start looking at you as a pervert and distant themselves from you but ask them if 15 year olds having sex with adults were common in their high school years if you strongly believe this is really common in this country. You are falsely misleading people here for serious crime. This is not one or two years term type of crime. We are talking about at least 7 years term with a registered sex offender name tag for life. Basically, your life is done even after serving in prison.
To help your understanding, see the following recent article: Teacher, 29, arrested for having unprotected sex with 17-year-old student, police say - Fox News
https://apple.news/Awo1_OV-FTN2z2EdtVUvr8ANov 19, 2017 0
- Should you do anything? Some 20 year old is trying to bang your 15 year old daughter, what if he got her pregnant, dudes gotta be a loser.
- Yes, you should definitely intervene. He is definitely a loser if he's an adult hanging out with/dating your 14-15 year old. I'd have a talk with her to understand/get more information without judging... and then try to talk some sense into her after.
Also remind him that she is too young, you don't approve, and the law will be the least of his worries if you catch him around her again. Problem solved.
- Lyft EuxsjwjWoah crazy stuff here. I'm with Fitbit
I'd just ask her to be careful and trust she knows sup ?
- Dunno man, back in Europe this would be totally OK. I mean, it's just a few years difference. Might even be legal over there. How does it work in the US? If I'm 18, can I bang a 17 year-old?
- So many creeps. No wonder tech people are looked that way. @nak6lp where in Europe are you from? I actually doubt you are from Europe. Are you from a country where marrying a minor is not a big deal? Here, you will serve minimum seven years in jail for raping a minor in the name of dating. Yes you may want to call it love or date whatever but from legal standpoint, it is not that different from rape and child molester. Adults dating a 15 years old is not only creepy, it is a serious crime. Once you are prosecuted, your picture and name can be found from web as a registered sex offender.
- Wait a second. Is she seeing him or is she attracted to him? Big fucking difference. Statutory rape size difference
- Oh shit. Haven't you called the cops or talked to he lawyer yet? Warn her boy friend that this is a serious crime and you would not allow him dating her. Also warn your daughter that by dating him, she is leading him to jail. This is definitely a crime and you could get in trouble for not calling the police because you are basically ignoring the crime scene. Dating a minor is a serious crime as I said above. Just find a single news paper article and show that to them. That should scare the hell out of them. It is not just serving a community service type, he will literally spend years in jail. Act immediately for everyone's sake.
- cisco call the cops and file a report. it creates a record of where you stand on the matter, it places the matter in the hands of justice instead of your own limited scope and it shows your daughter and her rapist that you are serious. neither is going to stop or take you seriously until then anyway. because "we're soulmates" I'm sure.
- Databricks / Eng datadicksmoreIts weird that 4 to 5 years is a huge deal at that age but then if its 20 and 24 its really no biggy
- It is NOT weird. Take for an example - can you imagine 10 years old dating 15 years old? How about this - 1 year old dating 6 years old. If that sounds alright to you, I am afraid you are FBI's no. 1 list and are in danger of being caught as a pedophila. It is a serious crime in US and people who assaults (yeah you cannot call it a date) minor spends over 10+ years in jail at least. Just read the newspapers. Adults dating 15 years?? Come on! That is seriously disgusting.
This comment was deleted by original commenter.