Quick poll for those in serious relationships. Have you given your SO your passwords (for email, social, etc)?
198 VOTESSELECT ONLY ONE ANSWER
- For basic stuff like email and social yes but she doesn't know any important ones like my banking info
- Well we're not married so that's why we have our own bank accounts. And yeah we read each other's paper mail, all that we get in the mail is bills and 401k info, I don't care if she sees that. It's not that I don't want her to see my bank account, I just don't want her to screw anything up on any of those accounts.
- I don’t even know my own passwords. Strong passwords + password manager.
- Indeed hfddthnnWe have a shared email and password for things like Netflix. Otherwise we don't know each others. Should something happen they can recover my LastPass account.
- Microsoft MAqP08About 10 years ago I got burned by this after a breakup. It was destructive and hurtful. Since then I’ve made it my policy that no one, regardless of relationship or status, gets my passwords. I’ve gotten a few eyebrows raised when I’ve had to unlock a device and wouldn’t share it, but have never been burned since. It has nothing to do with with my level of trust, it’s just my personal policy. I can’t recommend this way of operating enough. Just got out of a long term relationship and I felt so much better never feeling like I had to lock anything down, because I know they never had access.