( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I use my work laptop for everything (I know I shouldn't) including surfing job posts/applying to other jobs/ and googling random things because it's faster than my personal laptop, and more convenient since I don't want to carry 2 laptops with me all the time.
I know that companies log everything you do on your work computer, but do they ever check that stuff? Also how much data is saved and over how long?
- They can't see what you are googling as the link is encrypted
- Don’t mess your work with personal stuff. I learned this the hard way in the past. Just buy a good laptop to carry w/ u and leave the work laptop at work.
- Yea you are right. I just thought, they technically could check me... But what are the chances they would even bother? I travel a lot and just get too lazy carrying 2 laptops. But I'll start getting in the habit of keeping the 2 separate starting from now on.... I'll clean out my work laptop as much as I can this week.
- Using company property for something other than what they’re paying you to do, especially when that particular thing (like porn for example) is expressly forbidden in your employee handbook, can get you fired. Some companies have allowances for certain limited personal use allowances but a lot of companies monitor what you’re doing.May 18, 20180
- Expedia KennewickWhat is the worst thing you do, and how would you feel if it was discovered or disclosed in court?
It’s better to assume they have access/knowledge to anything you do in the office, on their WiFi (even using your own phone on company WiFi), or on their equipment.
Individual employers may not go that far and the law varies from state-to-state but it’s just not worth the risk.