Work VISA

H1B transfer question

Cisco / Eng
WjXw67

CiscoEng

BIO
Don’t abuse something you know nothing about.
WjXw67more
6d

Received “visa clearance” to join the new role as soon as possible and today the recruiter is super pushy to set a start date.

I submitted docs for H1B transfer couple weeks ago and haven’t received the receipt of H1B transfer or any other confirmation. What start date should I set or ask for?

Is this the the classic “join on receipt” ?

TC - 180k
YOE - 2 years

comments

Add a comment
  • Amazon TOSu08
    I will be joining on receipt as well. And I think I do not even have the option of moving to another country if the transfer is denied. But yes, I am going to take the risk
    6d4
    • Parallon Whham!
      How do you know you won't have option?
      6d
    • Amazon TOSu08
      What can you possibly do if the company is just in the US
      6d
    • Microsoft G8lol
      What do you mean “joining on receipt”? Did you mean the official uscis receipt or the receipt of fedex packet?
      5d
    • Amazon TOSu08
      Either way. Does it make any difference ?
      5d
  • Amazon jqy
    No difference if you get receipt or not. Technically you can start working with “prove of delivery”. Given pp suspension, you can either start now or wait for another 3 months.
    6d5
    • PayPal Jingyang
      3 months if Vermont is processing it. Close to 6 months for California center
      6d
    • Amazon jqy
      They may resume pp in Feb 2019. You can upgrade to pp in that case. So still have chance for 3 months.
      6d
    • PayPal Jingyang
      Maybe yeah!
      6d
    • Cisco / Eng
      WjXw67

      CiscoEng

      BIO
      Don’t abuse something you know nothing about.
      WjXw67more
      OP
      What if I start now and then get rejected or RFE?
      6d
    • Amazon jqy
      RFE is fine but you will be fucked if rejected. Prepare to go home.
      6d
  • Glassdoor BKFp41
    You should be good, go ahead and take the risk.
    6d0
  • Amazon jqy
    Life is full of uncertainty. I would trade risk for profit in this case. Man U should be fine.
    6d0
  • Glassdoor BKFp41
    Worst case you have to move back to your home country. Is that bad?
    6d1
    • Cisco / Eng
      WjXw67

      CiscoEng

      BIO
      Don’t abuse something you know nothing about.
      WjXw67more
      OP
      It’s about giving up stability here - it’s a risk as everyone pointed out. But since my education(undergrad and grad) has been CS .. I am probably going to take the risk
      6d
  • Glassdoor BKFp41
    Yeah in that case you will be fine
    6d0
  • Cisco / Eng
    WjXw67

    CiscoEng

    BIO
    Don’t abuse something you know nothing about.
    WjXw67more
    OP
    Update : msoft said they would rescind the offer if I don’t start ASAP ( within the month). They are willing to provide L1 or Canada support in case of rejection. They also claimed that so far there have been zero cases of rejection
    6d0

Download the app for more exclusive content.