If you must accept a Tier 2, what factors do you consider?
If you MUST accept a Tier 2 placeholder job, and you will be on the market again in 6mth, what do you look for? Final goal to get to FAANG.
- Relative prestige? Will Tier 2 be any better than Tier 3 or some no name startup?
- Location? Would you move to a FAANG city for better networking and referral opportunities? Yes people say LC all day, but good intel will also help to focus on what to prep.
- TC? Does $150k vs $130k (adjusted for COL) really matter since it's so low relative to FAANG?
- Type of Work? Do you target a role that does more marketable work/skills for FAANG?
- WLB? Do you go for a slacker, better WLB job so you can leetcode and prep more?