How often does your company have layoffs and how are the layoffs conducted?
TOP 134 Comments
- Amazon has layoffs the beginning of each year. Usually for teams that are redundant or no longer relevant (think Fire phone or large organizations merging and cause duplication). Rarely tech roles but sometimes it happens depending which org you're tied to. Typically you're told and then have 2 months to wrap up what you're doing and find another role internally. Most can do this unless you're in a very specialized non tech type of role or on a "development plan" which makes you radioactive. If you don't have another internal offer before the 2 months are up you're gone. At that point you'll get a week of pay for each 6 months you've been an employee and a firm pat on the ass.
This comment was deleted by original commenter.
- When ever the man child, Elon, throughs a temper tantrum because he doesn't get what he wants or spends more money than he realized, we have purges. The timing is unpredictable but frequent.
- Groupon / Sales blt203big news out of chicago as cody parkey is laid off after tonight’s showing
- I didn't realize the tech sector was so vicious. At Cat we usually have a massive buyout offer and subsequent layoffs every five to seven years.
- IBM VJsX64Poor woman I met at IBM got laid off and rehired 3 times. We both (her 4th time) got laid off and she didn't even bother this time.
I hear the GBS and systems have frequent layoffs (probably ever quarter or ever other quarter) but other BUs get the hammer from time to time.
I feel bad for the visa and family folks :(
- Netflix enjoylyfeHahahaha! It's every day here... Just that we call it being let go. We don't do mass layoffs, not our style
- Check 'are we reorganized yet' website for mozilla layoffs. There are fewer reports since people were mostly laid off. LOL
- I work for a Japanese company with long hours and low pay, but they have _never_ had a layoff.
- Verizon has never laid anyone off. Literally the best company ever. I make 9mil TC, and can take a dump on my bosses sisters chest no issues.
- Why are companies and especially startups and more so in North America are so insecure that then they lay off, they don’t give an opportunity to the fired employee to say good bye to colleagues. I mean we invest time and energy in relationships and friendships at work. Why do we need to be escorted out? Until the previous day we were the apple of the eye of employers and all of a sudden no more trust and hence we need to be taken out? That’s just cold, inhuman and disrespectful.