What can I expect at MS onsite SWE interview? Leetcode medium and or leetcode hard questions?
TOP 19 Comments
- Tinder / Eng meowimacatmoreI did an on-site and got offer, it was leetcode easy/mediuy
- Microsoft ~/.sshI interviewed and got an offer for a senior role on the identity team and most questions were in line with leetcode medium + a good bit of system design questions.
- New / Eng b3rtI have interviewed at Microsoft 2 times, not passed the last one because they thought I was not a good fit for its culture even though I solved all coding questions. There are regular coding questions, they ask for system design, and be prepare for behavioral questions. My advice, show enthusiasm about Microsoft culture and products, that makes a great difference between candidates.
- Easy/ medium leetcode with system/object oriented design. Like others said prepare the behavioural Q's well. Have a list of the Q's which u will ask for each interviewer. Research the role thoroughly and see the latest stuff going on from the blogs. I screwed up 2 out of the 5 interviews and still got in because my round with the manager of managers went pretty well.
- New jaguarpawAny advice for system design interview? I am currently referring to 'Grokking the System Design Interview' on educative.io. I usually solve the problems at interviews, but no idea why I don't get the offer. Is it that I am not able to engage them in my talks about their product? I gave Amazon last year, and Groupon couple of days ago. I have few interviews lined up and want to make sure I don't screw up any more of the interviews.Jun 8, 2018 0
- You are way ahead in system design then me dude. I just referred few YouTube videos for system design (success in tech and Tushar roy) check them out they are pretty good. I failed at atleast 5 interviews before this including Groupon and Amazon do just keep trying ! A lot of it is luck ofcourse. I did a lot of Pramp and interview bit so that helps a lot on getting feedback.Jun 8, 2018 1