Moving from MD to WA...Taxes?

Deloitte broadway74
May 15 3 Comments

So in Maryland I pay a ton of state and city taxes. I am moving to Seattle in July but my spouse will stay in MD till December. Do I need to do anything to avoid owing md taxes from July to december?

I shouldn’t have to pay them since I’m working and living in Seattle, right? Even though my spouse will be in md. Should I change my mailing address and license right away?


Want to comment? LOG IN or SIGN UP
TOP 3 Comments
  • Indeed *NDEED
    You don’t really need to do anything and you’ll only pay taxes to MD for the time you lived in MD. However you and your spouse living in separate states may make state filing more complicated. You may need to file separately for state taxes.
    May 15 1
    • Deloitte broadway74
      Thanks, I will look into filing separately
      May 15
  • New / R&D Ω
    Congrats on escaping this overpriced and bad tech area
    May 15 0