What is/was your net worth at 30?
I feel I've saved way too less for my age and have wasted my 20s. Reply in below format to motivate me / rest of us.
TC : 150k.
Net worth: 35k.
Net worth is savings + 401k + stocks +investments - mortgage (+ house value, if not already part of investments)
What is/was your net worth at 30?
- NetApp / HR Dhwh83LinkedIn.....couldn’t agree with you more. I make more $ than i thought I’d make and enough to live comfortably in the Bay Area. I turn down offers all the time for more money ...work life balance and being able to raise my kid is worth more than $ to me....i know a lot of RICH peeps who chose $/work over their family/kids. To each their own....priorities or so f’d in today’s society.
- I think at the end many just want to be respected by others and they want to get money to prove they are worth. Just my theory but I think many of us do not feel good enough and that is driving it. I work because I believe that my work may benefit the society once I will be really good at it, money is just a side product that I sometimes feel causes more stress down the road and makes me addicted to them (people are afraid to lose). Yet I believe I will use them for the cause I strongly believe in.. so I somehow still gather :) ... i am glad for your kids
- SAP doingStuffY’all crazy! At 30 I had $60 dollars and lived day to day. But I was drunk a lot and got laid even more. Good times. No regrets!!
- I'm 38 so I don't have exact numbers as of 8 years ago, but net worth $2-3M or so, TC was probably $300k ish?
Flagged by the community.
- Exactly 0 of my immigrant friends live the life you describe. Sounds like your interactions with indian/chinese people are limited to bodyshop contractors who are paid like 60k a year. Were you really expecting them to drink champagne and eat caviar while sailing their own boat
- eBay dtbnvzAge 34, net worth 700k, tc 260k, was washing dishes 10 years ago at $6.75/hr. Tough myself coding at the public library.
- New ttQL13Are Blind users mostly Indian guys? The obsession with TC and net worth is almost sickening, and it’s also something very indian.
- I don’t condone this but maybe you might want to look at it from a different perspective. I have been discriminated multiple times in my career when it comes to pay or promotion. Sharing experiences has been the only way to bring light to these issues. Same goes for the gender pay gap. Those who are irritated with these threads should be irritated with the bias/discrimination in hiring and compensation. Perhaps the intent is not the same in some of these threads.
- VMware / Eng blorefattyThe human species is mostly Indian and Chinese.
What do you mean by 'something very Indian' ? I grew up and continue to live in India and I can't even wrapping my head around what 'common Indian' qualities are..
Do all American people have orange hair, wear I'll fitting clothes, dislike immigrants and are ever frothing at the mouth to start the next oil war ?Jun 24 8
- Intuit / Product BlindPMmoreI’m brown (from a neighboring country that is not India) and I find this mentality so ugly. It’s true re: big houses sitting empty inside. Many South Asians are so caught up in the externals - unnecessary emphasis on degrees / job status and thinking that this is what encompasses you as a person (common amongst Asians of all variety). I got lucky in that my family was quite different and valued experiences over things.Jun 24 6
Flagged by the community.
- Microsoft Chock-FullYes you should save for retirement, but I feel like people put way too much focus on saving as much money as they can. Enjoy your youth and make the most of it. Don’t blow your money, but be less hesitant to spend money on lasting experiences. Life is short, and that money won’t do you any good when you’re dead.
- 27, became single, -30k
31, committed to another relationship
33, became single, -30k
- I’m turning 30 soon and freaking out about it. Spent much of my 20s severely depressed. Only slept with like 20 girls, only a couple hotties. Was hoping to save 1M by 30, be married, and live in a big house. Only halfway to 1M, not married, renting a crap shack. No FANG offers. Albertsons didn’t even call for phone screen.
- Well bro, your life is practically over since you’re not a millionaire by age 30...might as well quit now.
No though but seriously, some people start their engineering careers at age 30+ and their NW is like 100k-200k since they previously earned below 6 figures. I know several people like this.
So yeah, you’re fine. You’ll eventually get that FANG offer. Maybe even Albertsons but let’s not kid ourselves too much here.Jun 23 7
- Age : 35
Net worth: 50k
Currently unemployed, and spending money for parental healthcare, so Net worth will go down fast.
- Early 30s, female. NW over 1M. TC $180k. Consistent saver (50%) and real estate investor. Taking a step back from work to spend time with my kid but still having trouble with that decision.
- There are a lot of sexist comments on blind but I don’t consider this one of them.
Husbands TC is around 160k. His NW is probably 150k without me because he got a late start in life.
Just a friendly reminder: we are not our net worths and we are not our TC. I married a man who is an amazing dad and husband. I consider spending time with people I like my highest priority and money just lets me do more of that.Jun 24 3
- I'd like to maximize comp while maximizing growth and learning, which seems impossible because companies generally don't pay top dollar unless you're already an expert in the required skills. I currently have the skills to interview with and potentially join FAANG as a full stack dev, but have minimal experience as an ML dev so I doubt they'd hire me for it without more experience. My comp would increase more in my next role if I remain a full stack dev
- Age 28. Worth: 2.2M. TC: 1M. TC has gone 5x in last 8 years. Lucky + hard work.
- Seriously is this necessary? What is this obsession of comparing yourself with others.
- Command Alkon cydf26No that isn't the point at all... The point is everyone makes talking about money so taboo to the point to where people have to ask these questions in an anonymous forum....
People are so insecure that no one can even talk about money...
I think this is a good opportunity...
- Age 28
NW 6m (inheritance but I’m pretty frugal aside from fashion)
TC 0 (looking for a job; took time off to travel and recharge. Someone let me know if you’re hiring 😊)
- OlAl28: Nah it wasn’t criticism; it was blatant name calling and calling me a moron. You are clearly insecure and jealous.
But I wanted to take the time to let you know that your opinion doesn’t even register on my radar; that’s how insignificant you are to me. Therefore I won’t even bother wasting energy replying further to you.