TOP 21 Comments
- Groupon TC || 👉🏿Absolutely. Believing in notches is for idiots. If you are working in a phone company and a designer is pushing for the notch or even justifying it, fire that dummy right away.
- This is crazy... I've tried reading up on why people care about the notch and all I see are circular arguments that claim it is ugly because it's ugly.
I must be missing something since it just seems to be a cutout for the speaker and camera and you get more screen space.
- You asked why people care people tell you because it's ugly. You didn't ask why do people think it's ugly. Sounds like you think you're smarter than other people by accusing them not understanding your question.
And to answer why is it ugly IMO: it's an obtrusive hole cutting into your content. Apple doesn't make good use of the extra space, some android phone did. Also not all people like the small extra space (which isn't compatible with most videos and photos) over the reduction of convenience of having more information in status bar.
Pixel 3 xl's notch and chin is much larger than other phones' which means it's more obtrusive than others. Also that doesn't justify why Google is using such a big chin on a near $1000 phone. Pixel hardware was not standing out at begining, now it just fall far more behind. You're getting less space compared to other smaller notch phone, with 2/3 of the price. It's end of 2018 not 2017.
- Sounds like you have a chip on your shoulder, gggg. I'm certainly not as smart as all you people with an eye towards awesome design.
I guess I'll have to try one those phones out and see if the notch actually obstructs anything I'd miss... seems like it is just the same as a slight loss of peripheral vision.Aug 18, 2018 0
- NewRelic cyrptOP
- Disappointed at the way Google is following here. Really they couldn't come up with any other solution?
- Google / Eng BiggusDOnly Apple can take a design compromise and make it a "feature".