Opportunity to move to UK, should I take it?Dec 4
So, I have an opportunity to move to Oxford, and take on a role that is similar to my current role (analytics).
I'm currently on OPT and only have 1 more chance at the H1B lottery.
Considering these circumstances, would it be a good decision to move to the UK?
I have no idea how the tech industry is over there, so any advice would be appreciated.
- Uber paid_shillIf Indian/Chinese, yes move. No point waiting in the GC queue forever even if you get an H1B.
- Equifax / HRMay0moreYes. You should. Honestly I’d kill for that offer. That being said, would they keep the US comp? Or will there be a readjustment?
- Amazon CrikeIf your Indian take the offer and run.Dont worry about pay.You can negotiate a little more since you are from the US.Pay is lower everywhere outside the US.Generally Germany/Canada/UK seem to pay about the same for tech roles
Brexit is an unknown factor.No one knows what can happen.London is still the second best tech hub.If you want to leave after two years you can so easily move to Amsterdam/Berlin/Paris etc
- Deloitte / ConsultantweirdflexmoreI’d wait and see what happens with Brexit.
My personal take: if the Brits have a moment of sanity, throw a second referendum now that all of the information is available and undo Brexit by revoking Article 50, thus staying in the EU, full steam ahead. Otherwise, the U.K. economy is in for some rough headwinds for the foreseeable future.