Folks, my friends have been telling me that Pittsburgh is the next technology hub after Bay area/Austin/Seattle.. fact or fiction? Apart from Uber, which other companies have a large presence in the burgh?
TOP 36 Comments
- It’s tech presence has grown. Like others have mentioned, it’s growing. Duolingo is another and some very unique startups. Respectable COL, lots to do, great for raising families. Having CMU here is a huge help and will probably bring more to the city.
- Pittsburgh is an acknowledged hub and leader for robotics. CMU’s Robotics Institute is world-renowned and deservedly so, and has spawned a robotics development industry in Pittsburgh. Outside of robotics, there are tech companies and tech jobs, but many of the big companies with a presence there, like Google and Amazon, are obviously headquartered elsewhere.
- Takt PMBCG’s digital technology practice is in Pittsburgh. DM me if you’d like an intro...
- Lyft / Consultant Wut?moreStay east for culture: getting to airport is the worst so if you decide to relo, plant your heels.
- Thanks for all the comments. Agree lot of companies have facilities there, but the tech scene still looks barebones for it to be considered the next Austin (forget Bay area).. Raleigh for example seems to have more meat to it's tech scene, so I'm not sure if I am completely buying the Pittsburgh is the next best thing narrative
- Are they concentrated in one part of the city like in the CMU/UPitt area?