Should I sell AMZ before or after PrimeDay?

Amazon / Eng KHCr70
7d 6 Comments

I bought a bunch of AMZ ($60k) in Dec/Jan at $1500. Sold half at $1850. Was planning to sell the other half at $2000 but now that we're there, Prime Day is upon us. should I wait?

52 VOTES SELECT ONLY ONE ANSWER
VOTE VIEW RESULT

comments

Want to comment? LOG IN or SIGN UP
TOP 6 Comments
  • Microsoft antartica
    Or keep it long term for next 2-3 years if u dont need the cash
    7d 2
    • Amazon / Eng KHCr70
      OP
      This is only a portion of my AMZ. The 60k I bought in Dec was opportunistic given the low price and was meant to be short term. After stock rebound the plan is to diversify
      7d
    • Microsoft antartica
      Gotcha. Sounds like you have well planned it. I dont think timing the market can be perfect within a few days. So I dont think the Prime day will matter for the stock necessarily as well. The #s are already baked in. I think if u feel u have made enough, then sell. I have experienced lots of missed opportunities and also missed profits in the waiting game.
      7d
  • Amazon / Eng n0v
    But the rumor, sell the news (for positive news). If you have a short term timeframe, I would sell into prime day. (Full disclosure, I'm not selling yet)
    7d 0
  • Nvidia btfd
    Sell that dumbass stock decision for some Bitcoin and actually make some $$$
    7d 1
    • Amazon / Eng KHCr70
      OP
      Too late now.

      Also I already sold my bitcoin when it was at 12000
      7d