My current annual TC at Adobe is $285k:
Got an Uber offer (same salary for SF and NYC) and the recruiter says the max range is:
Cash Bonus: $13.5k
After some negotiation, this is the max that the recruiter said she can do. She also added $25k sign on bonus for two years. And said the equity refresher is also good. But, Adobe has way better equity refresher for high performers.
Any more room for negotiation?
Ps: Before you ask about my LC prep. I did around 50 Hards, 200 Mediums and 75 Easy. I also practiced the problems multiple times that made me get to a state where I was able to write bug free code for a seen LC problem in less than 5-6 mins. Took around 50 Pramp interviews at max difficulty (used multiple emails to get asked the same questions once I finished all the hard questions). System Design was the problem, that’s why I didn’t get leveled up higher. Was aiming for a $325k+ offer for my next move.
- Timeframe 4 months. Used the December break, evenings and early mornings for LC. Had to pull out a few 16-17 hour days. But, it was all worth it I feel. I feel more confident than before with problems now.
Study plan: Concentrate only on mediums. Easy wastes a lot of time and brings down the morale of you aren’t able to do them. There are a lot of patterns in LC. Read them. You’ll slowly start seeing problems and recognize the pattern. From then onwards, it’s all about how much you’ve practiced. See as many variations of each pattern. That’ll prepare you to face any problem in the interview.Mar 57
- I think he means that youll eventually start seeing patterns if you do a lot of Leetcode. Now “a lot” is relative. I am only 60 questoons in and so far i have seen patterns only for the topics i am heavily invested in (like graphs ). But my bet is it will start coming to you once yoi reach 250/300 mark. There are only such a finite amount of data structures and tricks that repeatability os inevitable.Mar 140
- Used the following:
Oreilly lectures on Distributed Systems by Tim Berglund
Grokking the System Design Interview
YouTube Vid: CS75 lecture 9 by David Malan
Also used a lot of other YouTube videos but couldn’t complete any of the above as I spent most of time in perfecting Leetcode.Mar 55
- New CK_CanuckLook at the bigger picture (not only comp).... will you grow your career more at Adobe vs Uber? What about technology stack you will be working in? Do you even care about career growth? Adobe seems to be less and less about engineering lately...
- you’re close to the max, but not quite there
my L4 offer was $154.5k base, $391k over 4 years in RSUs (using 62B so v conservative), and $50k signing over 2 years
- Where did you graduate from ? Just wanted to know if Uber or FANG only contact people from a very reputed college.
- Uber / EngAywB51moreYou’re a top performer so can probably level quickly to L5 at Uber. 1-2 years maybe? That’s when the money rolls in.
Also, additional yearly equity refreshes are given. Or, I think they should be. Ask the recruiter about those. You get even more if you perform well (at Director discretion).