What are the risk of joining a new company on h1b transfer receipt?

Credit Karma Ckckckc
Aug 29, 2018 20 Comments

I heard now there won’t be RFE but straight reject, not sure what come after that? You’ll be out of status & have to leave the country, can’t the company keep filing h1b until it got accepted?

comments

Want to comment? LOG IN or SIGN UP
TOP 20 Comments
  • Google / Eng rPMq81
    You have to leave the country as soon as the H1-B is rejected.
    Aug 29, 2018 5
    • Credit Karma Ckckckc
      OP
      Can’t they just keep filing it until it got accepted?
      Aug 29, 2018
    • Google / Eng rPMq81
      Because there is no premium processing, so each petition will take 6-8 months. If the first one gets denied you have to stop working immediately and leave the country and wait outside while they file the next one. You could of course work from abroad for that company while the petition is pending.
      Aug 29, 2018
    • Credit Karma Ckckckc
      OP
      Yeah, I got Google offer & waiting for h1b transfer, do you know how Google will handle this premium processing halt?
      Aug 29, 2018
    • Google / Eng rPMq81
      Sorry no clue. But I highly doubt if you will be able to file premium if you haven’t already started the process
      Aug 29, 2018
    • Citadel Securities / Eng
      wagecuck2

      Citadel Securities Eng

      PRE
      Google
      wagecuck2more
      If it gets rejected, you'll fall out of status, so while the company can certainly re-file, you will need to leave the US and get a new visa stamp.
      Aug 29, 2018
  • Uber vfXu51
    The situation really sucks for all H1b folks(including me), its a checkmate situation. Chances of getting rfe is close to 70% and now with PP also not available, they can’t change their job/role/promotion etc. Its a soft signal from the govt to all folks on h1b to pack their bags or just rot in their current jobs!
    Aug 29, 2018 5
    • New oQfU54
      But you still can to move to another company from day 1 when you send petition for the new company, right? And even during RFE wait in the new company and work legally.
      Aug 29, 2018
    • Uber vfXu51
      There is a new rule to directly deny your petition instead of rfe incase your documents are not complete. You will be illegal the moment that happens and will face difficulties in their future petitions. Will anyone want to take that risk?
      Aug 29, 2018
    • New oQfU54
      Well, thanks for those who abused H1B..
      Aug 29, 2018
    • New oQfU54
      Hey Uber guy. Where did you find info about rejections instead of RFEs? I cannot find it in the last news on USCIS website..
      Aug 29, 2018
  • Uber uber101
    Dont do it. RFEs are all time high ~45% higher than previous year and rejection means you have no other option but to leave.
    Aug 29, 2018 3
    • Apple Google L7
      That is the case even for extensions. It will take 6months to process and you can’t apply for H1b extension more than 6 months in advance. So whether transfer or extension it does not matter and you have to leave. So may as well go for the H1b with an employer that had better chance of approval
      Aug 29, 2018
    • VMware Whatdduck
      Extension with same employer can be filed in premium @ Nebraska center
      Aug 29, 2018
    • Apple Google L7
      What if you are in California
      Aug 29, 2018
  • New oQfU54
    I didn’t understand the question. You are working for company A in US and want to go to Company B, right?
    What does it mean “on H1B transfer receipt”?
    Aug 29, 2018 3
    • Credit Karma Ckckckc
      OP
      I mean H1B petition, transfer just mean that currently I’m already have a H1b
      Aug 29, 2018
    • New oQfU54
      So, no H1B transfers at all for now? Even if you hate your work place?
      Aug 29, 2018
    • Cummins TL1234
      @@ckck I’m in the same boat. Got offer from MSFT. Now I’m not sure what will happen if it takes 6months to process a transfer
      Aug 29, 2018