I feel Facebook and Netflix will be gone/ downgraded to second/third tier.
Google and Amazon will rule 75% of the tech industry
Apple has slim chance of surviving/thriving ( only if Apple’s health/AI really does something groundbreaking)
Who will be the other top players ?
Uber / Dropbox / Tencent ?
What do you think ?
I feel Facebook and Netflix will be gone/ downgraded to second/third tier.
- Uber b agNflx will be worth a trillion by then. Amzn a few more.
Aapl will continue to be successful for a long time.
Others have significant headwinds, Dropbox might not really be around
- Microsoft. 43 years old already, going strong in several high growth areas and massive cash to acquire the cool kids of the coming decades.
Y'all wait and watch!
- Apple saneMS products are engraved in many companies as well as consumer market - however there is a shift away from it at least in the enterprise space and has been progressing well for quite some time. Nevertheless - consumer space is huge and I don’t see apple or linux flavors taking it over. So MS is there to stay..
- New user_idPatanjali
BabaRamdev Yoga Group
- Wait. One plus, the shitty OPPO subsidiary, and Huawei, the Chinese government spying subsidiary. Companies (OPPO and Huawei, oneplus doesn’t have enough revenue to even show up on a graph of profits) that have less profit combined than Samsung...which has a less than a quarter of Apples profit?
- Revenue is worthless if you have zero profit. Yes Chinese manufacturers have massive revenue but unless they somehow drive a profit they’re worthless. I read on Bloomberg or somewhere that it’s estimated that iPhones are around 50% profit. That leaves a ton of head room to drop prices if apple actually needed to compete.
- Apple sjobs@aapl“Apple has a slim chance of surviving”... LOL
Listen, youngsters. Apple has been around longer than many of you have been alive. It has re-invented itself every few years. It’s in the DNA of the company.
- GE / Eng bl37#$q*moreApple isn't going anywhere. Yes, they're always behind the ball, but they're like the BMW or AmEx of hardware and their quality control is second to none. I code all day and no other manufacturer comes close - and I have a Pixelbook as well. Google's products maybe cutting edge, but they're half baked and their support is so bad it is insulting. They off load their quality control on to their customers. They're not going anywhere either, because they own the internet.
- Amazon / Eng NqBT25Uber will die between scandal and legislation. They are the Myspace of their market... First in and successful but not the one to thrive
- Lol, uber can't fuck up more the it already did. It's entire history was about screwing legislation and scandals. That was largely what made what they are, otherwise they would've been smothered. It's already changing as a large company now and the fact governments had to break their stupid taxi monopolies. In no way uber can be stopped.Oct 20, 2018 1
- I'm betting that we'll see simulated sex become more pleasurable than real sex in the next 200 years. At that point, humans will only pair for emotional reasons and may effectively stop reproducing. It may coincide with a level of genetic engineering that produces immortality
- That too. I'm eagerly awaiting transferable consciousness. However, I wonder if the human race will become extinct at that point because real life and self sustenance will no longer be as appealing as living through the most vicarious memories of others...unless we've fully automated our self sustenance and made ourselves immortal by then.
- Amazon / Eng jNeo42Has anyone else noticed the trend over the past, oh, 30 years, of small businesses folding in favor of large chains? Unless Square drives down processing fees across the board, I doubt they’ll be in Walmart, Starbucks, Chipotle, McDonald’s, Chili’s, Amazon, et cetera, etc, etc. My guess is that most inland Americans have never even seen a Square chip reader and have never heard of the company. And I doubt food stalls in Mumbai or even Beijing are swiping into Square.
- Nvidia / Eng Mr.XoXoNvidia... They have a long lasting and genius CEO who can easily survive for next 12 years.
We are on the verge of major breakthroughs in AI, ML, VR and autonomous cars.
Stocks are doing well and company had trippled it's valuation in there last 2 years.
GPU and servers would be the backbone of streaming, computing, cryptocurtency
- Square and Uber. FANGUS.
(also Amazon should rename to something starting with U)
- Agree, building a global network, working with regulators, executing multiple modalities means nothing. Also Google is great with execution. Google folks used to tell everyone that Google Shopping Express/Plus/Fiber/Cloud/Glass are all going to dominate in 5-10 years and they are killing it these days! No competitors in sight!
- Self Driving is a different beast. Uber will be a great acquisition target by GM in their futile attempt to compete against Almighty Waymo.
Post acquisition, Uber along with GM or whoever acquirez will be eradicated. Enjoy your dominance (like Nokia did) while it lasts.
- Nestle. Whoever controls the fresh water supply rules the world.
Seriously though. Watch The Big Short. The stock market guy who predicted and profited off the 2008 crash is now investing everything in fresh water. Cape Town in Africa is basically already out of water and descending into chaos. Tech won't matter if you can't even survive with the basics necessities.
- I'm betting that we'll see simulated sex become more pleasurable than real sex sometime in the next 200 years. At that point, humans will only pair for emotional reasons and may effectively stop reproducing. It may coincide with a level of advancement in genetic engineering that fosters human immortality.
As for 2030: I'm betting on major disruption of the mortgage and real estate industries, and explosive growth in automated, on-demand transit. Most of the current most profitable tech companies will continue to be amongst all most profitable companies.
Dropbox could be wiped out if Apple, Google and MS decide to create a free shared cloud for consumers.
- "Can you predict if Bloomberg engineers will still deploy software manually by entering a ticket in 2030?"
Probably. There has been partial automation of this (at least for various web apps), but it's an uphill battle across all services. Not enough lifer TL's and EM's are budging on this
- Google larrydavidAmazon #1
Google a distant 3 with msft
Fb maybe what oath is today.
Why? Amazon is going to crush retailers and Google in one go with sponsored ads. Nothing makes $ at google othrt than ads and Amazon has started eating into Google's lunch. Also google wastes a ton of 💰 and has a sjw problem
- Tencent, alibaba, yandex, and other chinese + russian tech companies. Facebook will be bought by AT&T, ShitJit Pai (son of Ajit) is named CEO. Ivanka Trump the chief governor of US of T (Trumpvenia) turned mountain view into golf course and sunnyvale into bath house of Putin the second (second clone not son). All 50 states are not permitted to start a tech company without permission from Donald Trump Jr., Tech secretary of US of T.
- Cisco / Eng gurdeep👳moreanything Chinese. They rule the world basically. They can live on their own without any outside support.
- Cisco GPJL00All these tech companies come and go but they all use the same plumbing equipment everything connected which company is that?
- The government. Because we will be living in a global socialist utopia.
- Google EindyxjrisApple is money. If you think Apple is going away then you’re playing yourself rookie.
- Hallmark jafV21Facebook will be rubbish. Google and unfortunately Amazon will be tech overlords.
- Uber trumpsnutsI think Uber’s chances are extremely underrated. Dara knows what he’s doing.
That’s said, I think Apple Amazon Netflix Google will retain their dominance. Facebook likely as well but perhaps not as safe.
I also think an underrated player of the status quo, Salesforce, will continue to be huge.