- Asking for Referrals for my Bf :) Hi all! My boyfriend is a year younger than me and is a 2020 college grad currently looking for SWE full-time jobs. He goes to an Ivy, studies hardware eng & computer science, and has 2 internships in software/data engineering. He's looking for referrals to Lyft, Dropbox, Quora, Cruise, Reddit, Luc
- link facebook bootcamp is it true it’s actually possible to fail the facebook bootcamp? Read a quora post about this so got curious. edit: just a note idk if person actually failed bootcamp or different reason. linking post below https://www.quora.com/I-was-fired-by-Facebook-as-a-software-engineer-in-less-than-2-months-
- What companies to apply for Software Engineer positions in San Francisco? I am looking for job in the city with 2 yoe. Applied to all big ones. Can anyone suggest some good places to apply now ? Airbnb Facebook Amazon Google Dropbox Quora Salesforce Blend TwoSigma Suggestions Twitter Lyft Square Pinterest Uber Twilio Meraki LinkedIn Intuit Netflix Coinbase Credit Karma
- BLINDWhere can I find more exclusive content on Blind? Sign up to access your private company channel
and industry lounge.
- link Cisco's recruiter pestering for my salary and other offers It's been 2 months in since I started with phone screen and recruiter is very slow in responding and taking about 3 weeks for each next step, so far 2 phone screens and one on-site in last two months. During the on-site, the lead engineer saying " you are open in the market for long time as I first
- Can 5 strong hire be rejected by Google HC? Is the chance still high that Google Hiring Committee overturns the interview panel's decisions? The recruiter called me right after the on-site and said 'great job! It's rare to see all interviewers have reached a consensus. You got 5 strong hire'. And started discussing the comp over the call. I
- Is joining Amazon really worth it for first line manager? Recently got an offer from Lab126, high base high sign on. However all these horror stories from Glassdoor and quora scares the hell out of me on how people think about amazon and Lab as a whole. Seems to me as a sweatshop with 0work life balance and no growth. Is that really true or how much varia
- link Interview Prep Hi. I have an upcoming interview at Facebook for a data scientist role (they call it data science, it's really product analytics). This is the role: https://www.facebook.com/careers/v2/jobs/209905326241987/?q=data%20science%20analytics&location=menlo-park I want to make sure I'm really well prepare
- Facebook DS versus Quora DS I'm a senior at college and I have two job offers, one from quora and one from Facebook, both in data science. I interned at Facebook last summer in DS. I'm unsure which to take. I think the Facebook brand goes far but apparently Quora has a good reputation in the valley. Also I think I'd learn way
- Effectiveness of professional sites Inspite of hundres of professional networking sites, they are still not serving the individual purpose(Jobs, networking, KT etc) what is missing in the gaints like, Linkedin, quora, xing etc that you looking for?
- Need Referrals for New Grad Computer Science Hey everybody, I am currently pursuing a Masters in Computer Science from the University of Minnesota. Will be graduating in May of this year (2019) and I am currently looking for a job after that! I have been doing Leetcode since about 3 months now (~400 questions in) I can send resume + pro
- Software engineer salaries prior to financial crisis I routinely hear folks making well over 300K salary in FANG companies. E.g. L5 eng in G makes around 350K. How were salaries in these companies in say 2006 before the financial crisis. Economy and job market was good back then but I never heard of such salaries back then. Just curious whether salar
- Getting a salary worth your time, sh*t posts in LinkedIn timeline It says: >>>> Salary negotiations are notoriously difficult for job seekers. Compensation consultant Victoria Pynchon offered some advice on how to discuss salary with a potential employer in the latest edition of #GetHired. Some suggestions: - Know your market value (me: Better to come
- Product Manager Referrals Hi folks, I’m on the hunt for my dream job, and I’d love referrals for a product manager position at one of the following companies: - Slack - Netflix - Twitter - Reddit - Stripe - Quora DM me your email address and I’ll send you my resume and background details, but I’ve got nine years of experi