- Fired from Uber Couple of months ago I was in a Uber heading to work when I realized that the driver did not speak English and was using Maps with a non-English/Spanish language. I realised that our product has a hole and I wrote a PRD that would have strengthened how Uber vets and accepts Drivers. Currently all w
- I don’t understand the obsession about WLB Getting sick of WLB complaints man. Y’all are getting paid considerably higher (3x or more) than the national median income and yet complain about working 80+ hours a week. You chose to be in this career and have the option to quit if you don’t like it. Either choose high TC or go work for a non-pro
- Happy Independence day from an Indian immigrant I come from what is called the largest democracy. Yet unlike the almost unrestricted freedom of speech in the United States, arrests (if not convictions) for liking Facebook posts criticizing political leaders are not unheard of. Sedition charges were once booked on students who cheered for a Paki
and industry lounge.
- That's it! Never going back to India. I've been in US for 4 years now. I'm married, no kids. Till now, I used to think I would go back to India in couple of years when my H1B expires. That's why, I was never interested in GC and didn't push my managers to start GC process. Everytime I have visited India since moving to US, I hate it a l
- link How many of you think H-1B folk “steal” American jobs? Seriously. I am sick of MAGA idiots yammering all over about H-1B immigrants stealing jobs. Now, I do agree some outsourcing shops do visa fraud that needs to be curbed. We come here legally, pay taxes, buy houses made our life here for decades, support our communities and contribute to economy. Bu
- quantumblack What do people think of this place? Does it focus on hiring overly pretentious mba/business school morons (I went to Harvard like 6 generations of my family before me and my name is the third), genius stat and applied math phd’s (I won the national math compet