- link 3 YOE - 5 Offers - Seattle I’ll lead with this: I’m a straight white guy with a neutral-American accent and US citizenship, so I have a lot of unfair advantages in life that not everyone is lucky enough to get. Blind was a big part of what inspired me to seek out higher compensation and gave me confidence in my negotiation,
- Zillow Interview for Principle SDE, Big Data I have a phone interview scheduled with Zillow for principle sde, big data. The job description looks like a data engineer profile but it seems zillow groups DE under SDE family. The interview is scheduled with a Senior SDE. Any idea what should I expect in the Interview? will it be focussed on Sof
- Should I buy an apartment in Silicon Valley? (My analysis of the situation) Warning: This is a long post with some of my analysis of the whole situation. First of all a little background about myself. I am a 26 years old Masters student who is graduating this summer. I have 3 YOE before I started my Masters. I will be relocating to Silicon Valley for my full-time job, and
- BLINDWhere can I find more exclusive content on Blind? Sign up to access your private company channel
and industry lounge.
- Cool non-FAANG companies in NYC for product managers? Newish to NYC and the job search. Wondering if there are any companies in NYC that product managers love working at? Primarily looking for companies using new tech that have a healthy company culture. Here are some specific ones I’m curious about. - Compass - Zillow - Equinox - Gemini (crypto platf
- First time house buyer questions while close to switching jobs Tc: 175k, yoe: 5, single in late 20s Buying in Eastside close to I90 since I might be switching to Amazon in a month or so. My main goal is to save rent (around 1900), and I have cash sitting around for down payment. Some questions: 1. Should I stay at Amazon for a bit and then buy a house instead
- Interview call Why is it so so difficult to get an interview call from Uber/Lyft/Stripe/Splunk/Zillow/Twitter? I have been consistently applying to these companies for the positions where my skills match against the job-positions, however, i have never received any single call. Could anyone point the reason??
- vote Amazon vs Zillow offer Received two Software Eng offers in Seattle. Amazon offer - $205k tc Zillow offer - $235k tc 3 yoe after college, L61, current tc - $165k Which one would you choose and why? I’d prefer good wlb and job security and also want career growth in the long run without taking a lot of workload and being
- Referral I need a referral for my wife on tech companies at seattle and bellevue location. Job title: Software engineer Preferred companies: Facebook Twitter Adobe Uber Lyft Zillow Tableau Visa Salesforce Cisco Airbnb Any other companies recommedations will be fine too.Thank you very much.
- Can people from third party recruitment companies be trusted? I keep receiving LinkedIn messages from people in companies like Andiamo/Solomon page/Quantitative Systems, etc. about several potential SE opportunities in the Tech space. Some even come up with opportunities from top tier companies. I once trusted a person like this who said she had some open job
- My Shopping list, Can anyone please help? Hello blinders, New grad here Master's degree in ECE Going to graduate next May Leetcode - 200+ No offers yet - Late application Job - Entry level Software Engineer My shopping list for referrals : Akamai Akuna Groupon Wayfair Salesforce Qualcomm Juniper Asana Intuit Illumina Zillow Adobe Please
- Agent to find apartment for rent in the Bay Area Hi, I have decided to change jobs. Unfortunately the apartment that I pay for is leased by my employer and the company that manages the property is refusing to transfer the lease or even lease it to me seamlessly (they want me to move out, apply, and the move back in) - I would've preferred to just
- Zillow referral Currently looking for a job. Can someone at Zillow refer me? I’ll grind leetcode :) thanks
- Mortgage Financing/Real Estate Startups? I am looking for PM jobs in the mortgage financing space in the Bay Area and New York, but open to other areas. It's surprising how few startups there are given its a trillion dollar industry. Any leads? So far I have found: Better Mortgage Opendoor LendingHome Redfin Fundrise My background: 4 yoe
- Temp housing I am going to move for a new job and so am in the process of selling my home. Closing date happens to be a month before the joining date of the new job. Are there any websites or forums out there to search for places. I have been looking on Craigslist, Zillow so far.
- How many applications per company Applying for 2-3yr exp SDE backend roles. For smaller companies there are usually few openings and recruiting team is small, so if you apply for only one role then also I think recruiters will consider you for similar roles. How does it work for bigger companies like oracle, adobe, Amazon, Zillow,
- Could anyone at Microsoft refer me? I have close to 3 yrs of experience after graduate school. I can share more details about my experiences and background. I am actively looking for job. I have interview schedule with Google, Uber, Zillow,Stripe and would like to interview at Microsoft too. I applied online, sent inmail to recruiter