- Amazon Consumer Recruiting Layoffs What’s the story on how many? Saw this coming for months and it’s finally happening. Who has the scoop on how many it’ll be and more importantly what TA Leader needs to be fired along with finance and business leaders? epic fail on their part.
- Amazon C3Tech/Consumer Electronics Sr SWE Yay or nay? Current TC 192k, 12 YoE
- Any info about Consumer Cloud Foundation team@ Amazon ? Anyone here knows if the Consumer Cloud Foundation team is a good place to work at? Interesting work/visibility/leadership/WLB ?
- Amazon Consumer Org? Just got placed in this org (for new grad). How is it in terms of wlb, projects, internal respect, etc?
- Amazon Consumer Products / sable Anyone ever worked with this team in Seattle? Considering an offer to join.
- Amazon Hiring Conference for Consumer teams? Got an email from a recruiter about how Amazon is having a hiring conference for Consumer teams and I was invited to attend. Anybody have any experience with this process? What are the odds of getting a job out of this? Will I just be a face in a crowd? What even is a hiring conference? Thank you!
- Best Teams/Projects in Amazon Consumer Org? In terms of new and challenging stuff, career prospects, wlb, etc.
- Amazon consumer electronics / c3tech, how is it? How is this org? Wlb, etc ...?
- Upcoming Amazon onsite - Bangalore I have an upcoming Amazon onsite for SDE1 at Bangalore office with Consumer Business org. Was asked 2 LC medium in phone sceeen. What should i expect for onsite? Also, what’s the deal with ‘Leadership principles’ ? YOE: 1.5
- Goldman Sachs vs Amazon(India) Hi all, Got an offer for SDE 1 from Amazon and Technical analyst from GS. Amazon - 19L cash, 10L stocks/4 years GS - 20L fixed, 7.5L bonus. (Marcus consumer banking team) Which one should I prefer? Honestly, I like the Amazon team, but the difference in comp is too high. Does anyone have any revi
- vote Amazon vs VMware internship Help me decide between two internship offers! VMware Role: NSBU Management Plane, mostly working on Big Data (and a little similar to my current role - message brokers) Pay: 8133/month + 4500 Relocation + To and fro flight and baggage Amazon Role: Consumer Organization Pay: 8500/month + 3500/month
- vote Does it make sense to breakdown giant tech companies strickly from the point of view of consumer?? For example: 1. Will consumer/advertisers benefits more when we have Instagram, WhatsApp, Facebook, etc etc as different companies and compete with each other?? User can switch platform if they don't like the policy and operations of one company.. 2. Can AWS serve their customer better if they are
- Steve Ballmer Bleeds Microsoft, But Goes With Amazon Deal for Clippers https://www.quora.com/q/cloud/Steve-Ballmer-Bleeds-Microsoft-But-Goes-With-Amazon-Deal-for-Clippers?ch=10&share=74410488 Ballmer said, yes, it was awkward cutting a deal with Microsoft’s biggest rival. He went with Amazon Web Services because it provides the computing power behind CourtVision, a vi
- Senior Product Management Received interest from an Amazon recruiter for an SPM consumer payments role. Any tips on approaching interview Qs unique to Amazon? Sure shot Qs to expect/ watch out for..? Also, how long does the interview process generally take? how many rounds, on what topic(s)?
- PM roles @amazon, netflix, fb and google I have been a product manager for internet of things analytics software and have had experience managing a product portfolio of both software and hardware. However, these roles were at companies like GE and Rockwell Collins versus traditional consumer internet companies. I really want to crack int
- PM qualifications I am wanting to transition into a product management role at a consumer internet company (amazon, google, netflix, etc). I am concerned that my background is not seen as relevant as I have been a product manager for 10+ years but for embedded software and hardware commercial and military aviation el
- IoT, Home Automation, Wearable HW Companies I am a Hardware Engineer looking to transition into consumer facing product design and am passionate about IoT, Home Automation, and Wearables. Here are a list of companies I am already looking into: Nest, Fitbit, Google, Amazon Labs, Apple Any other promising companies out there you guys recommend
- Product management opportunities Looking to get into product management at Amazon, Netflix or Google in san fran bay area. Have been in product management for 14 years for embedded software/hardware products, software as a service products, and software on android and windows devices for aviation and defense industry. Would appre
- Genuine question about Forbes 30 Under 30 On the 30 Under 30 Consumer Technology as an example, there are some people that were selected who are currently working as mid-level Product Managers at LinkedIn, Instagram, Airbnb, Amazon and Twitter. These people are certainly talented but they are simple tech employees who work at a big Corp, h
- vote Best Companies for Front End (Web) Career? Many of the top companies value back end (and some, mobile) engineering more than web front end engineering, especially when consumer patterns heavily favor mobile development these days. Facebook, Google, Amazon, Lyft, Uber are examples of such companies. At higher levels, it's so much harder to fi
- How do I make the transition from Data & Enterprise products to consumer facing products? All through my career I have been managing data and enterprise products. However, I have always been interested in working on consumer facing products (e.g. Instacart, Amazon, Gmail, Mint, etc.). I love prototyping and working with UX teams. Frankly speaking I love using some of these products mysel
- Amazon on-site There is a standard Amazon on-site and a "hiring event" on-site. According to recruiter, the hiring event is 4 hiring managers and they will give you an answer within a couple of days. The regular onsite is 6 interviewers (non hiring managers?) and it can take time to get an offer/rejection. Which i
- Choosing Google vs. Oculus tl;dr Interviewed at both Google consumer hardware and Oculus/FB for HW Design (RTL) role. Waiting on HC on both. Want insight about long term career prospects. Long version: I am waiting on HC decision on both companies for RTL Design role. Don’t know comp numbers yet and will share once I do. Oc
- The Disruption of Uber There have been lots of threads around pros/cons of Uber. After this post I am signing out for good. To win the future of ride sharing requires: 1) consumer brand and trust 2) L5 autonomy 3) operations expertise with physical assets Google has 1 and (soon) 2. They will have to develop/acquire/pa
- link PM Interview Prep Plan: How I got PM offers from Google, Expedia, Microsoft, and Facebook Five months ago I got fedup with the crap culture at Amazon (needs a separate post) and decided to start working on my game plan for interviews at tech companies. Now, I have three offers from the tech companies - Expedia is travel not in the same league I know. No trolls please. Profile: CS Engine