- Multiple referrals at Google - multiple rejected applications. What next? I have multiple referrals from Google employees. I can probably get 1-2 more referrals. In the meantime I got rejected for multiple ML and data science related roles! What do you suggest next? Improve my CV, CL, start a blog, include my ML videos and presentations, get course certificates, or join K
- Getting back in after 10 years of absence I have a friend who, 10 years ago, had a successful career writing Windows drivers for some periphery hardware by a small company. He has a CS degree from an okay university. After the death of a very close family member, he quit his job because he couldn't focus and needed a break. That break turne
- Transition to Data Science is rough.. On the market for new D.S. job after 2 yrs experience. Got some interviews but can't get past tech screens. My background is experimental psych, but I programmed in Matlab a ton during my phd and postdoc. Picked up R and Python, but I'm not very good at either. Picked up sql in the last job (stint a
- BLINDWhere can I find more exclusive content on Blind? Sign up to access your private company channel
and industry lounge.
- AV C++ Prep Not coming from a dev background and I need to self teach myself some software. I also have a Google interview postponed and had started going through an Algorithms book and hackerrank in Python. Now I'm thinking I should just switch to C++ and kill two birds with one stone. I was told to get a C++
- What language to use for coding interviews? I have been using python to do my leetcode and hackerrank. I find it so much easier to code than Java. But, there are these companies like Intuit that want you to attempt an online interview/assessment only in Java. Some interviewers seem confused when I use python. Java seems like the language tha
- Facebook data engineer prep I am interviewing for data engineer with Facebook. I have been doing the prep questions and working on hackerrank. Is there any other way I can prepare for the python portion?
- Software Referrals Been coding up software for many years now, professionally for 4. Ran a startup based off of one of my projects. Main languages are Node.js frameworks, PHP, JS, and a dab of Python. Been grinding LeetCode and HackerRank on some whiteboards I have for months. I'm not in any large cities anymore, so
- Most leetcode top interview questions can't use Python 3? I asked for some advice about interviewing and internships and have read a lot on here, and everyone says to do leetcode problems. I really enjoy Python 3, but a lot of the top interview questions don't have Python 3 available. Should I go to Python 2 or am I screwed or what? I thought they would i