Before anyone says anything: TC = 0 :(
I applied to Robinhood recently for an internship and received a CodeSignal challenge. 4 questions in 70 min... wtf. Regardless, I did well enough to get to next steps and the recruiter emailed me asking to schedule an informal chat to talk background/interests.
I am wondering, exactly what could Robinhood be looking for in this informal chat? Also, is there more technical to be expected? I am secretly hoping inside that since it's an internship, the "certified" CodeSignal test was enough to access my abilities.. lol.
Also if any Robinhood eng's here can let me mention your name as a pseudo referral to my recruiter for extra points, that'd be cool. Any tips/advice for me to kill and land this internship would be appreciated <3
- Robinhood / Product xQwR50Usually they just have a phone screening to make sure you're not a weirdo 😂
- Robinhood NsksndjxiaI take you’re relatively new to the recruiting process? It’s pretty standard nowadays to have a CodeSignal, and 70mins isn’t out of the ordinary... some are much longer. But congrats on making it past that - and lol, no, the CodeSignal test is not enough to get you an offer. Expect rounds of technical interviews (think Algorithms/ Data Structure stuff) to come next. Your chat with your recruiter most likely will not be technical.
The overall process is very standard and the same at a lot of other tech companies. Good luck!
- Thank you for some high quality advice finally. Yeah I didn’t think the technical portion was over but that’s fine.
If the technical is similar to the LC tagged questions, then I think I’m in good company, but if they ask DP or some shit... 💀. Is LC tagged questions suffice enough? There’s only like 7-8 questions lol.
Do you know if interns are required to do an onsite? I know for Google/Amazon interns its an online test, and two phone interviews then done.
Sorry for the all the questions, you’re like my plug rn 😆Aug 7, 2019 0
- Serious comments pls, need to turn my TC upside down to upgrade from the cup noodles.
- Just finished up that HR screen. Damn interns actually need to do phone screen + 3 onsite rounds. Robinhood isn’t joking around for interns lol
- No technical.
1. Tell me about yourself.
2. How was your experience changing your career from x to software? (I was in diff field before)
3. What do you like about crypto?
4. What do you to “level” up among your peers (25 y/o)
Went ok. Feel like I answered the last question a bit unconfidently cos it took me off guard. Hiring manager needs to give thumbs up before moving forward with my coding score and recruiters notes. Will know early next week if they’re moving forward...Aug 8, 2019 0
- I got 2/4 questions fully correct. 1 question was pretty lit code but didn’t solve the question exactly lol. Last question, didn’t have time to code but wrote a solution out in comments.
CodeSignal gave a score on speed, implementation, and problem solving. Speed was excellent, but other two were average 🙈