Only nerdy boys go after me in SF. Does SF have any normal men?? I'm 29 and I have been single for the last year and hate myself.
- Google QHeh40If only nerdy boys go after you then you should reconsider your high opinion of yourself
This comment was deleted by original commenter.
- Salesforce ljp5405There are a few normal men around. Finding normal women is another issue. Many are adult girls.
- Sounds like you are nerdy yourself or project that image, maybe that's why you attract nerdy boys only?
- How does women making more than men on average defend the female less and male more nonsense? I’d say, the majority of higher earners are male. Just because a higher percentage of women say go into education doesn’t have a bearing on a pay gap.
But when you slice it, job for job, YOE for YOE, there’s no meat to this women earning less garbage.
As with anything in the US, it’s about the choices you made that put you where you’re at. So why don’t you worry about making non shit places to house data, and get paid more or less on that basis.
- Welcome to San Francisco. Where everyone is trying really hard to find a partner, using all these stupid dating apps, and yet everyone is single. Men and women. Myself included.
Everyone is just too picky and have really high standards. One year is nothing. I know plenty of attractive men and women who have been single for years!
- Haha it's cool man. If my friends were like you, I may have met someone by now :P
Instead, they are busy getting married and doing married people things. :P I feel at this point it's more important to make friends than date, as the social circle is shrinking pretty fast, which by itself reduces the odds for successful dating.
- Oh that sounds brutal. Half of my friends did go for arranged. I won't be taking that path. And it's great you are not taking the easy path either! I'm sure it will be worth it.
Just wondering, how did you manage to avoid parent pressure all these years? I guess I could use some tips there, as that storm seems imminent.
- @ superjump
I like your naivete. Please stay that way and don't let this world Jade you 😊
Yah I do all that, have dated and all, but once you grow older you don't marry impulsively. From serious in love relationship to marriage is still a huge step and most of the times it fails.
- @monk420, pressure is there. I allowed myself to meet whom they suggested but made it clear that I'm going to treat it as a first date and that it would need to go the course of a relationship. I was not comfortable accelerating to marriage just because it was an arranged date. Predictably most guys I met that way weren't ready to meet you more than 3 months without some sort of engagement so that didn't work. I come from a pretty conservative South Indian family and have had some pretty interesting and difficult discussions with my parents regarding my necessity for intimacy before marriage, drinking socially, freezing my eggs, Cannabis, traveling alone etc. The road was hard but they kind of understand me now even if they don't agree with me. I couldn't lie to the people who love me the most.
- Yes. I went though a lot. I realized I was spending upwards of 20k a year on mental health. My married friends did not want to listen to me, my parents couldn't understand me, hardly any women around. So then I was like, what do I lose opening up to my family, worst case they'll throw me out, but I'm already out. And started from there. :)
Flagged by the community.
- New 🤜✊🤛What's wrong with nerdy boys? They're usually the only ones that can keep up with me intellectually.