May not like him but Tucker nailed the catalyst issue of todayMar 8
Free speech is at the core of our beliefs and although I may lean slightly left, the Democratic Party is looking more and more like a communist party each passing year..
- OpenTable MeliodasHuh? Freedom of association, parties don’t have to use propaganda platforms that are against their self interest.
- And I will accept that position somewhat. but it doesn’t help the American people at all. They aren’t a company. They represent a major party in politics. Thus, avoiding critical questions is a very communistic move.. but then again, we should also trust MSNBC, Fox, and CNN to not be biased.. but they are businesses
- Micro Focus vHwd00How many RNC presidential debates did MSNBC host in 2016 and where was Tucker’s outrage back then?
- I agree, but I think he gets to a deeper issue.. we are allowing our representatives to avoid questions from the other side of the aisle. I also vividly remember Fox News calling out the White House last year when CNN reporters were thrown under the bus
However, this is a theme that I see more with Democrats. It’s not their fault that most of the media is left leaning, but the DNC looks to avoid the other side at all costs.. thankfully republicans don’t have that opportunity.
So it ends up being one side is more scrutinized by the media than the other. We should have the ability to see the DNC under tough questionsMar 84
- The problem is that the "tough questions" aren't actually tough questions about what matters. It's a debate that turns into making democrats look like they want to club baby seals. Likewise, democrats do the same things and will dredge up any possible link between a republican president and a momentary economic event (first order view of a complex interaction).
It's all simpleton thoughts and spins. If tough questions were really asked, we wouldnt subsidize an opiod addiction (Pharma grants), have laughable pot holes in every state, have federal agencies that whine to the media, and have a legislative body that is so petty they would rather see longtime govt workers change career because the govt isn't a reliable source of income
- How about the thought that they don't debate lifestyle choices as a major platform.
We are mired in irrelevant debates and allows the actual hard questions to never be asked. We only focused on findings extreme partisan ideology. Therefore, the hardest problems are not at the forefront of the American mind. This is proving to win elections too.
We are focused on questions of morality and not policy. The media will always have the ultimate responsibility of ratings.
- I think you mean like CNN and Hillary
Cause what you just said are mere concoction of a deranged mind.
- I don’t understand why people don’t like this guy.
It seems to me that many Democrat voters don’t understand what the Democratic Party represents. Democrat means majority rule. So be damned with the minorities. Democrat elites only pander to minorities to win their vote.
- This is a long winded republican columnist.
Who am I kidding, you won't read it. Anyway, Roy Moore was a child rapist that was defended endlessly by Breitbart even when they knew. They hoped that they could deflect long enough for him to get elected (which worked). He was endorsed by the media, RNC, and Trump at one point after the allegations came out. Even senate republicans in office wanted him to drop out
- Nope. I do my research that is independent of what a party says or does.
Have you done research on science papers debunking extreme climate change theory?
Are not Democrats pushing Green New Deal policies which are just socialist and majority rule policies?
Haven’t multiple independent agencies and committees already determined that Russian collusion did not take place?
Seems like you are the sheep.
Here's a list of facts in the article
- Stop posting media articles. You are brainwashed by doing so.
Go do research on what I said from independent direct sources i.e. multiple science papers.
Also, ask yourself: did Mueller indict anyone on Russian collusion charges or did he indict them with tax evasion and obstruction of justice charges? This answers your question if Russian collusion occurred or not.
Read AOC’s Green New Deal policy as it is posted. It is a socialist policy. Go read it.
You don’t need to read ANY biased media sources to do any of this.
- Tucker has always been a huge advocate for free speech. Love the guy. He hates Democrats and Republicans alike, as we all should. He spent a good number of years at CNN co-hosting the Crossfire show, and then was on MSNBC for several years too. But muh Fox News.
- Hubspot hebtidhevhCNN gave debate questions aprori to one candidate during the last democratic primary, and they'll still be hosting debates this year lololol
- “ In addition, a former Trump campaign aide says that a Fox contact gave him advance notice of a different debate question, which asked the candidates whether they would support the Republican nominee, regardless of who won. “
That’s weak sauce buddy
Compare that to Donna Brazil and CNN and Hillary
- You have to admit that the fact you see it more with democrats is because of the narrative you’re being fed. Neither party has any incentive to be transparent. Otherwise people from either side wouldn’t have a scapegoat.
- No not at all. It’s a fact that the media is overwhelmingly more to the left. Thus, republicans are encountered with tougher questions on a more regular basis. I enjoy this.
I want to see our politicians asked tough questions from the other side.
There is really only one news channel that is right leaning and would place the DNC with tough questions.. and they were just banned.
So we really believe CNN or MSNBC are going to do anything other than their softball questions?
I probably take in 15-20 different sources daily but I used to be a journalist, so it’s different.
Also, less than ten percent of journalists identify as republicans.
Of the major news sources ones:
Left leaning: NYT, CNN,NBC, economist, NPR, ABC
Right leaning: Fox, WSJ
So with that understanding, I realize that if I’m to get all facts, I must read all sources.
- Google anons2NBC and CNN are more than left "leaning". They were basically extensions of the Clinton campaign in the last cycle, and probably should be regulated by elections or funding for all of the free support they give.
NYT often has quality journalism, but their opinion page is partisan trashMar 83
- Credit Karma EllisDee25It would be nice to have a more democratic electoral system. But as it stands now, the two parties are private organizations who can set their own terms in having debates or not. This is not an attack on free-speech. I’d love a debate by either party moderated by a bunch of DNC-critical socialists from Jacobin, but it’s not going to happen just for the sake of including more viewpoints and criticism.
For an example of curtailing 1st amendment free speech, there are things like this: