Why is it that the liberal media and Hollywood continually emasculate Asian men while glorifying black men?
- LinkedIn orlyI like how in movies computer hackers are much more often black than asian. Well done Hollywood, well done.
- It’s kinda racist because your basically saying there really aren’t any black stem geniuses. Or Asian super athletes which isn’t true. YOU JUST MIGHT KNOW ABOUT THEM, but it doesn’t mean they don’t exist.
Take Jeremy Lin for example, he led his high school basketball team to a state title beating out royalty. He didn’t even get a serious call from powerhouse schools. He led Harvard into the NCAA tournament, had solid stats and was passed up by just about every team. Gets signed, moved around, gets a chance to play and bam. Linsanity.
There are tons of Lins out there but it seems like everyone is on the lookout for the next Yao Ming, freakishly tall Asian basketball player. Throw in a bit of racism, bias, stereotypes and great or would be great Asian players are passed up for scrubs who aren’t Asian.
We can talk about black people in stem directly (there are a lot of black people in STEM, maybe you haven’t seen them, come to the East Coast. Maybe New York, DC, Atlanta) or indirectly (a lot of systematic pitfalls for people in certain neighborhoods and of color).
- I did not say that they don't exist. Merely that few of them exist relative to their share of the U.S. population. What % of STEM graduates of top schools are black? It's a lot lower than that of Asians, although there are more than twice as many as blacks as Asians in this country.
- There are actually studies that show a lot of heads of these sports programs are pushing for black people because they find they are more “entertaining” to watch than other races in very violent sports. In this case entertaining means that they liken it to dog fights or similar things. More often Asians and other races are glanced over in being recruited for these sports.
- I really doubt you will but read this article and look for more. I feel like your and many other people’s ignorance is simply because you never actually have to openly express your opinions and don’t let others point out the obvious flaws and lack of knowledge that you have about the subject. https://www.thestranger.com/slog/2017/09/25/25432524/why-the-over-representation-of-black-americans-in-professional-sports-is-not-a-good-thing
- How it matters ? Be alpha in real life and be solid. Indian here and successful at most . Why not try to be better at it . Don’t care about media
- Dumb. You probably are the top 1% of the Indians (just by virtue of being at Google)
Persecution is about an average or a median human and his rights.
If you are a median White guy, things are easy, not so much for the remaining median people.
Social justices aren’t about inclusion of most good people from others.
It isn’t about boasting about your genetic lottery win.Nov 303
- It's because they think Asian men are a joke. Simple. Seems like the Asian men ignore that part of the media and they focus on their career and providing for their family. all that matters.
- Salesforce / Othersin it allmoreBecause high IQ Asians are a threat and black men are obediant gladiators to the ruling elite. Divide and conquer, power redistribution is how you remain at the top.
- Thanks to blind I now believe that most non-whites are racist. Some whites are. But overall you are all fucked up.
- It’s too long so no. Not interested in Indian and European settlers. Nothing from 200 years ago applies to how people are today. Europeans 200 years ago where worse than ISIS. Rest of the world was probably even more barbaric. In India they used to burry the wife when the husband dies.
This leaves no ground for fair comparison.
- The media denigrates black people in general so I have absolutely no idea where your coming from other than very specific black men who are athletes. Americans view muscle and masculinity the same, Asian culture doesn’t really emphasize some of what people here view as attractive.
Americans- save my wife vs my mom
Asian culture- save mom, you can find a new wife
American - me over family
Asian - family over individual
I’m generalizing a bit but you get the point. Your more likely in America to see a jacked black guy than an Asian guy. A lot of black guys workout and play physically demanding sports. Women in America like muscles so of course you’ll see it highlighted.
- I think the main male actor is actually half white. Not really sure if Crazy Rich Asians really says anything positive about Asian males. Just seemed like a pretty ordinary rom com that kinda reinforced some stereotypes like Asian woman are demanding tiger moms who are really materialistic.
- Designed for entertaining the masses. We can watch spelling bees and cops if we want to see reality TV