Adobe / Engtifu
- Who pays 2.5M in all cash for 3b 1br 1000 sq ft?https://www.redfin.com/CA/Los-Altos/2037-Farndon-Ave-94024/home/1465730 I was outbid by an all cash offer. If you have that much cash, seriously why
- Is SOMA a good place to rent?Want to be close to work. But heard the place is dead at night. What’s the pros and cons of living in Soma?
- ELI5: Non-solicit agreementExample: I left FAANG co A for FAANG co B. Generally speaking, I can't do a job referral or directly communicate with anyone from co A about job oppo
Facebook / MGMTlebookface
- Dublin/Pleasanton housing marketAnyone familiar with Dublin/Pleasanton housing market - Would you recommend buying a single fam house / condo there in 2018/2019 from an investment pe
- How’s Bayview (in SF) as a neighbourhood to live in?Lease ending soon. Looking for a bigger place to move to. Very interested in Bayview but heard negative comments from an Uber driver (not safe, low in
- Good base salary for SF?What’s a good base salary for SF for a single person? I’m being offered $120k from a startup for an entry level position and equity. Does this seem re
- Owning car in SFIs it worth having a car in San Francisco? To get around even if your using public transportation to get to and from work?
- Finding an apartment Best way to go about finding an apartment in San Francisco? Sites you guys use?
- Apartment searching How are the apartment prices in downtown sf? If my new work place is in downtown SF would you guys recommend living there or further out?
- Blade runner: “there is a bit of every artist in their work”I watched the Blade Runner 2049 and saw this line. I found it very interesting, yet don’t fully capture the meaning in the scene. What do you folks g
- What parameters define your success and in what order? (Money, relationships, freedom etc)What does being successful mean to you? Or when are you truly happy? And do you think you are there?
- Old people shouldn't allow to driveI was waiting for a red light this morning and the huge ass Cadillac in front of me went full reverse as soon as the light turned green. An old lady j
Oracle / EngiLoveEarth
- Airbnb Will Never Go PublicI'm convinced Airbnb will never actually go public. They said they won't this year, despite having been "2 years from an IPO" for the last three years
- How did you crack Airbnb ?I am a software engineer and it is my dream to join Airbnb but got a rejection after onsite. I will definitely try after 1 year :)
- Peter Thiel leaving SV? BYE FELICIASorry, did being criticized for your James Bond villain approach to policy become too distressing for you? Mad you can’t sue an entire region out of e
- Is this true?Apple employees keep crashing into the new HQ glass walls? https://www.engadget.com/2018/02/16/apple-employees-walking-into-glass-walls/
New / MKTGbleargh
- Looking for Roommate Mountain View AreaHello, I'm looking for a roommate mtv area, message me if interested pls. I will be starting work at Google next month!.
- Outbid by all cash offers!I have made a few offers recently on homes in San Jose and surrounding areas. I have offered about 200-300k over asking (total ~$1.1M-1.5M). However,
- Livermore vs Dublin vs Pleasanton and commuteTired of looking for homes in the South Bay. Really how bad is the commute from Tri Valley area to South Bay and SF. I live in Santa Clara and going t
- Should I move from Seattle to Bay Area, got a job at slack ?Glad to see more sun but worried about the cost of living. People who did move from Seattle to sf, what are your suggestions?
- Convo between Dallas guy and Bay Area guyDallas guy: I bought a new single family home with huge lot for $400k. It is 3000 sq foot! Bay Area guy: I got a 2 bed 1.5 bath condo recently as wel
- Any noogler looking for roommates or wanna tag along to find a 3bedroom? Which there an app for this!.
- Buying a Bay Area home now a struggle even for Apple, Google engineershttps://www.mercurynews.com/2018/02/14/buying-a-bay-area-home-now-a-struggle-even-for-apple-google-engineers/
Upgrade / MGMT0xDEADBEAF
- Mechanical engineer salary at Google What is the expected salary + bonus+ RSU for a mechanical engineer at google with PhD + 15 years of experience? Thanks
- Metro@ Warm SpringsHas anyone looked into these? Condos for 900- 1.5mil but it's right opposite to BART. Views?
Cisco / Engziltch
- Real estate Why is sunnyvale more expensive than cupertino. I have been sales and I feel price per square foot is higher in Sunnyvale
- Who is buying all the houses in San Jose ?Houses in San Jose are selling for way more than the asking price. These are not great houses or even good school districts. Is this because of google
- Upgrade rated #1 on lendingtreeSurprising for a tiny fintech startup. Rating ridged or internal influence?
Upgrade / MGMT0xDEADBEAF
- Anyone working for chevron ? How is the work culture in general How is the work culture in chevron in Bay Area. Thanks !
- Bay Area vs Austin tx comp evaluation ?Offers in Bay Area 190 total comp- big company 160k base+ stock options ( not much) series d startup Offer in Austin 145k
Capital One / EngSo_what
Capital One / Engywhdidndbu
- Moving to the areaI am moving to the area and will be working in San Jose. I’m a 36 yr old single female and I want to live somewhere that has other single people. Any
New / MGMTdoom1411
- Bay Area - how prepared are you for the big one?Have you prepared your home or identified hazards? Do you have a plan with family or friends? Made or bought a kit? If yes how have you prepared? If
- Has the Bay Area recession arrived?On the surface everything seems great. Housing prices continue to rise, despite the recent correction the stock market is incredible, best of this tha
- Facebook Shuttle FrequencyHow often do the Facebook shuttles run during the day? How many options are there for going to and leaving work? Also are there any shuttles on the we
- What to do in your last two weeks at job?Already gave notice. How to best use of your 2 weeks free time?
Twitter / Enghys
- Recruiters SalariesCurious what the salary expectations are for recruiters in the Bay Area based? Would love if individuals could share: Years of experience Base pay/OTE
Checkr / OtherPbrittle
- Best places to live near Palo Alto?So, I may be offered a job in Palo Alto. I am not very familiar with the area. Are there ok apartments there or should I live in Mountain View?
- When does google start processing green card for new hires who have H1?I H1 visa. I have an offer from google.woyld like to know when does green card process stadt usually for new hires? My recruiter dud not give me any c
- How early to begin searching for my next job?In my current role, I'm a key part of a project that will wrap up in 3 months. After my current obligation ends, I'd like to join a new company as soo
Chegg / OtherLol12345
- Are there any other apps like Blind that you recommend?Hey guys! I’m enjoying being able to learn so much through the Blind community. Does anyone know any other apps like it that I should also check out?
- Anyone selling a Tesla Model 3 Reservation?I’m interested in buying a Model 3 reservation (preferably one that’s ready to deliver). Many people on reddit had success doing this, so I don’t thi
- Where can I find a cofounder/CTO?Any suggestions on where to network in San Francisco to find a technical cofounder/CTO? Early stage startup with large seed round.
New / OtherQJrg55
- Hiring Sr. SDEs in Palo Alto*repost* Hiring SDE2 and SDE3 New product Reporting into distinguished engineer Android or iOS Lots of visibility Big opportunity for impact DM for