- What is it like to live in bay area as a single woman?I am in Google APAC office and now thinking about relocating to mountain view. What is it like for a single woman to work and live in the bay area? P
Google / Saleslifg
- Save San Franciscohttps://www.sfchronicle.com/news/article/Clean-up-San-Francisco-s-streets-tourist-12839281.php Just took this today at the financial district.. gross
- Bay area housing tips for us kids?I have less than 3 yrs exp, make ~210k/yr, which is less than many of you, and I don't know much about purchasing a property. I had some q's: Is it
- Zoox!Anyone here who works at Zoox? Thinking of applying, and would love to connect and know more about the company.
NTK / Other1234dvjscy
- PollHow long do you plan on staying in the bay area?Seems like so many people want to get a big name on their resume and then peace out, so I decided to see how common that sentiment is here.
- Hayward fault is more active now and local channels issue a warninghttps://www.mercurynews.com/2018/04/18/hayward-faults-nightmare-scenario/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_campaign=morning-report&utm_medium=email Is this
- Evergreen/Silver Creek Feedback Hi Folks, Both me and my spouse work in Sunnyvlae and currently own a townhome in Santa Clara. We want to upgrade and move to a larger, single family
- Where do most people who work in Mountain View live?I’ll be receiving an offer shortly for Google and my wife and I are considering a move from NYC. Any recommendations of neighborhoods/towns is much a
- How long did it take to get your carpool stickers?Dealer did the paperwork for me. I got my plates about a month ago, still no stickers.
PayPal / MGMTkcDw06
- Milpitas near mountainsAny one have any idea on how is the area near milpitas mountains. Schools look good William brunette. We are considering looking at housing there
- Apple’s wlbHeard Software Engineer’s work life balance is no good. Not sure if this is a rumor or not. Curious, could ppl please share some ideas? Also how does
- Looking to meet fellow volleyball players Anyone down? Always fun to make friends this way. Come thru fam.
- Apartment recommendations? Within FB 10 mile radiusMy girlfriend works in San Ramon and I'll soon be starting my job at Facebook. We're looking for a middle ground for better commute. Considering the 1
- Looking for advise on rent vs sell decision in FremontI have a 2 bed 2 bath condo in Fremont. It’s just a 5 min walk to BART station. I could rent it for $2.7k a month and would break even on my mortgage
- AI ML certs for beginnersWhat do you guys recommend online courses for a complete beginner to learn AI and ML? There are just so many online I don't want to waste money/time o
Oracle / Englineis12vo
- Think of Moving from Bay Area to Barrow, AK? Don’t!It’s really cold up here. There aren’t a lot of tech jobs. It’s really dark in the winters. The dating scene is terrible. Worst decision ever, even th
- What are some good consultancies hiring for data/business analyst roles in bay area?Tittle says it all
- PollCondo near Caltrain (5th & Townsend)We are moving to a bigger place, but deciding on whether to sell or rent out our 2br/1ba unit. What do you think of that area long term? Should we r
- Tax referral?I'm considering going to a professional for the first time because my tax bill is looking crazy and I need help lowering it. I'm in the Cupertino/Sun
- Commute from San Ramon to Santa ClaraPlanning to move to San Ramon, Is it worth it? One or two days WFH per week is possible. Having an electric car or using scoop will help?
- Any Upside for Condo in South SF (Across the Street from Genentech)?My friend is deciding whether to sell his condo in South San Francisco. It's not in Mountain View or Palo Alto, so it doesn't get much of the benefit
OpenText / Engno_scrubs
- How much for House downpayment?How much was your house downpayment and what % of your liquid assets (cash+stocks) was it?
- Buying a house in hunters point San FranciscoHas anyone looked into new construction by lennar in hunters point. Is it a good place, or should it avoided
- Is it a bad time to buy a house?Thinking about buying a house in Willow Glen or one of the other nicer pockets of San Jose. Is that a terrible idea right now?
- ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ http://www.businessinsider.com/shrug-capital-venture-capital-firm-from-angellist-alum-niv-dror-raises-3-million-2018-4
- PollEarthquake!! Insurance?Yet another quake in the South Bay. Are you insured? What's your plan if your house collapsed and you're not insured?
Juniper / Opsshitposter
- Health insurance for relatives visiting on B1 visaWhat insurance do you guys recommend for relatives visiting for few months to USA. Like parents and brother
Intuitive Surgical / Otherbigpocket
- Overall pay for L6, L7 SWE, director, VP in Google?New googler in company. Just curious what is the overall pay (salary + compensation) for high level ppl?
Google / Engunusedname
- Immigration medicalAny doctors with reasonable fees in the bay area to get immigration medicals done? Are vaccinations covered by insurance? Can hsa be used?
- Must visit places in bay area and aroundWhat are the best spots to visit for an Eng having a whole day free in the bay?
- Is buying a condo in Mission Bay area a good idea?I am single and have about 400k cash, moving to SF for a new job in 2 months. I am thinking of using the cash as the down payment for a 1 or 2 bedroom
- Oakland, Berkeley - buying guideLooking to buy a house in Oakland/Berkeley. Curious to hear where are some up and coming neighbourhoods in Oakland, Berkeley which are safe enough to
VMware / MGMTStormyDan
- Facebook Shuttles for Oakland?Thinking of moving to Oakland and wondering what the shuttle options are for Facebook (around Montclair, Crocker Highlands, and Glenview). Anyone kn
- How bad did you get screwed on your taxes?I'm doing my taxes right now and getting pissed off. I'll have paid a hundred grand in Federal and California taxes and thanks to the Republicans...
- PollWhy did you buy a house ?Every day we get a new housing post on blind. Most of the times it is from folks tired of the market. Let’s hear from folks who did get to the other s
- Bay area housing greedI am interested in buying a condo/townhouse in Milpitas area. Yesterday I went to one of the new home construction's first ever releases and instead o
- SF people: what's your housing arrangement, which area do you live in and how much do you pay?I'll start. 2350/month studio, Hayes Valley. About 500 square feet. Rented 2017, rent controlled.
- Interviewing at FB SOE team for PM role. Any pointers?I have interview scheduled with FB for a PM role in SOE team. Any tips on what to expect?
Cisco / PMXoxghtg
- Anybody from Zscaler?Anybody from Zscaler here? I have a few questions, and for people who are not from Zscaler what do you think of their tech and the company in general?
- Where are the girls that don't like nightlifeEdit: talking about SF city Trying to find people who like the same things I do. I don't particularly enjoy partying but it seems like that's the num
- Looking for free lunch in San FranciscoSo I joined Salesforce a few months ago and we don’t have free lunches and to be honest people on my floor are pretty antisocial. I was wondering if
- Promotion Hi folk I recently started as an RCG (Recent college grad) at PayPal with the offer base 120 RSU :25k over 3 yrs Relo: 7.5 and bonus :20k AIP is 10%
- ZooskInterviewing for a role there and it seems they move very fast for hiring (vs other companies!) Anyone have insights into the culture / business?
- Lending ClubI’m interviewing at Lending Club and wanted to know what people’s thoughts are about the place? Culture? Brand perception? Business model?
- How much more greedy can “rich” get?To a proposal to build more affordable housing units in and around Palo Alto, “But a group of residents argued the project would generate too much tra
- What is the most value for money used car under 7k ?What is the most value for money used car under 7k ? I want to buy a used car for my wife , since she recently learned driving . I want her to perfect