- Robinhood and its futue Given that now Schwab, TD Ameritrade, IB all slash its commissions/fees for stock trading, how would that impact Robinhood? Is RH also going to target at wealthy investors vs only beginners?
- link CMV: There should be a regulation against money losing IPOs Tldr: Loss making IPOs - specially B2C - are a wealth transfer mechanism from the 99.99% to the 0.01% and YOU are an unwilling participant Long version: Zynga, Snap, Groupon, Gopro, Fitbit, Blue Apron.. All loss making unicorns that are currently trading below IPO price. Let’s ask outselves: Who h
- link Marijuana investors risk lifetime border ban I sold all my weed stocks immediately after seeing this news. https://www.politico.com/story/2018/09/13/canada-weed-pot-border-783260 The ban may not only target Canadians. It says, “Already, marijuana investors from other countries, such as Israel, has been denied entry into the US.” Now I’m worr
- BLINDWhere can I find more exclusive content on Blind? Sign up to access your private company channel
and industry lounge.
- Going for venture capital vs angels So we are a seed stage startup, we got a few investors who reached out to us. But we wanted to target some VCs and maybe some top tier angels. We are new at the money raising phase what would you recommend?
- How do you (people) network successfully? Being in the tech industry, one of the most advantageous soft skills you can have is the ability to network. This opens a lot of doors, whether that be referrals, mentors, investors, building reputation, company news, etc. It can help you land a job anywhere from a Tier 1 company (i.e. Google) to a
- Angel investing: LLC vs s/c corp? Question to other angel investors .. do you care if the start-up is LLC or s/c corp ? LLC seems unappealing due to k1 tax filing and it doesn't seem like they're attractive for VC funding .. for context, 5 year+ investment horizon with target of acquisition rather than IPO. Thanks for your insights
- Opportunity Zone/ EB-5 Investment opportunity Have an investment project in a Targeted Employment Area (TEA), meaning $500k investment per investor for EB-5. The project is forecasted to generate 60-70 new jobs so have room for 6-7 investors. The same project is also in an opportunity zone, so if you have capital gains from other investments,