- DeepMind and FAIR - facebook AI research salary Hi any engineers working in the deepmind google or FAIR groups ? How is the compensation for ML engineers and engineers in this group . How's the work . Does the team push solutions to production too or mostly work on research and tools for research solutions .
- Facebook shuts AI system after bots create own language is this true ?
- Facebook AI infra Going to FB soon. Potentially joining the AI infra team. How's the culture of the team? Also WLB and impact. TC: $400k. Yoe: 8
- U.S. Military Trusted More Than Google, Facebook to Develop AI ayy lmao https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-01-10/u-s-military-trusted-more-than-google-facebook-to-develop-ai
- Conversion from Facebook to Facebook AI research engineer Have engineers in Facebook moved to work in their research division? If yes, what are the instances?
- vote The new Facebook AI blog is now live! https://ai.facebook.com/blog
- How is working as an AI SWE at Nvidia? Is it as interesting as working as a SWE in AI at Google/Facebook/Uber/Amazon?
- What are some companies doing good work in ML Other than Google/Facebook/Apple and self driving car companies what are some companies that are doing interesting work in ML/AI?
- Facebook all scientist interviews need analytics round? I am interviewing for a role in FAIR (Facebook AI research). The recruiter is setting up general screening interview with the analytics ds. Is this normal?
- Facebook Role All, What role would fit at Facebook for someone who has about 11 years of experience in consulting and strong career records(various training and certification on mobile, cloud, ML/AI)? PS: I can LC and have completed about 100 so far. By the way, I have cleared Facebook Phone interview a wee
- Year 2030: Who will Be Next FAANG I feel Facebook and Netflix will be gone/ downgraded to second/third tier. Google and Amazon will rule 75% of the tech industry Apple has slim chance of surviving/thriving ( only if Apple’s health/AI really does something groundbreaking) Who will be the other top players ? Uber / Dropbox / Tencent ?
- Evaluate Facebook E5 Offer 5 YOE. Got an E5 offer from Facebook initially as: Base: 205K RSU: 700K / 4 years Sign-on: 100K Bonus: 15% Any space to negotiate? Edit: not in AI/ML area Edit 2: my current TC is much higher than this, although most part is paper money. Not a troll post.
- FB research engineer lowballed Asking for a friend who doesn’t have a blind account. He recently got an offer from Facebook for the research engineer in AI role. TC offered was 185k which he thinks was a lowball. Would it make sense for him to negotiate up? He doesn’t have other offers. His profile: 0 yoe, MS from top 3 school.
- Hardware to software switch Hardware has saturated and not been exciting for me. I am planning to go back to school for either PhD in computer vision or related roles to get roles AI related at Facebook which have hardware and software exposure. Can anybody in these roles throw some opinions on how the work is going to be ?
- Most interesting non-tech jobs at tech firms? Just a partial list. Would love to get people's thoughts. Corp dev at Netflix Content at Netflix Strategy at Google X Investments at Google Ventures BD at Facebook live sports Corp dev at Amazon Product at AWS machine learning and AI
- Facebook technical screen ... glider.ai Anyone go through a screen at Facebook through glider dot ai, Recruiter was vague, will I be recorded while doing the test? I was told the code needs to compile, can I keep trying, will my points be deducted if I get compiling errors?
- Facebook NY teams Are there any Facebook NY teams that have open intern spots for the summer? Looking to transfer my FB MP summer offer to NY. MIT senior (CS) doing 5 year masters, past experience at Apple, Twitch, hedge funds, research in AI/networks, interested in backend work.
- Facebook bootcamp to switch domain? Got an offer for E5 of 350k total comp in Seattle. Have about 10 years of experience in C++ and mobile development. Dream about moving towards AI/ML. Thinking about joining some ML team (ideally Caffe2, ONNX, etc) at Facebook after the bootcamp, since I can pick any team, AFAIK. Have almost no prio
- What is the food chain in Facebook Which position considered to be more prestigious or better from Data Scientist, SWE with ML specialty, ML engineer, Research Scientist, or Product Manager? I have a technical background with many years of experience in ML/AI field. Also, I have an MBA from top school. Which position considered to
- Facebook ML Design Follow Up Interview I recently had on-site interview and received hiring committee review result for Software Engineer role at Facebook (Applied Machine Learning, AI Research & Ranking Teams). The result is to have follow up interview for ML practical design and Career / Coding round. I am familiar with what would be
- Looking for some referral. New grad with over 12 months of work experience Hello everyone. I am a new grad graduating from a well known engineering school this december and I have worked with 3 different companies. I have experience in Devops work, backend (Node.js and Spring) and also have done some cool projects relevant to AI and ML. Not the best in all these area but I
- FAANG and professional side gigs / part time consultants? What's the policy for professional side gigs and consultant arrangements if you're working at a big reputable tech company? The side gig would be unrelated to your work's domain, and is not a primary source of income and involves only a few hours per month, for example: - SDE in Microsoft Office te
- Common Blind abbreviations AI - Artificial Intelligence AMZN - Amazon AWS - Amazon Web Services BI - Business Intelligence BIE - BI Engineer BS - Bachelor of Science or bullshit DE - Data Engineer DS - Data Scientist EE - Electrical Engineering or Enterprise Engineering EM - Engineering Manager FANG - Facebook, Amazon, Netfli
- Dead-End developer; 10 to 20 year industry trends Looking back, there were some smart and not so smart moves for software industry professionals to take their careers. Dedicating your time to becoming the number 1 Adobe Flash developer is not one of the smart moves. Desktop applications have seen a hefty decrease with web based applications replaci
- Should I go to grad school? Should I go to grad school? I'm interested in ML & AI and wish to work in this field. To give some background, I'm a third year undergraduate at a research-heavy university. I interned at Salesforce this summer at a machine learning team, and will be joining Facebook for next summer internship. Go