- GHC registration closed in minutes Why should they post the registration queue links directly on twitter when everyone is trying via their webpage? I don't use twitter and how the hell would I know to check twitter as they didn't even announce anything about it on their official webpage. When it opened for me on their website the re
- Approved H1-b transfer on USCIS website but lawyers have not updated I saw on the USCIS website about my H1-B transfer being approved. I confirmed with the Microsoft lawyers that if they have received any update but they are not replying. The status got updated on Thursday and it has been 5 days since then. Is it okay to trust the USCIS website and give my two week n
- Website/Data for H1-B Application stats? Was just wondering if there is an existing website and/or dataset via which we can generate stats for - 'what are the top employers filing H1-B petitions, by # of applications?' This is for pure curiosity and pretty much nothing else..won't deny that I'm curious to see #'s for bodyshop/consulting
- BLINDWhere can I find more exclusive content on Blind? Sign up to access your private company channel
and industry lounge.
- Do you apply via LinkedIn? Considering starting to look for new opportunities, but haven’t looked outside my own company in almost 10 years. Does the “apply via LinkedIn” work or do you always go directly to the company’s website?
- Dropbox is hiring. Message me if u need referral The external website has generic job descriptions, but we are usually hiring for all positions. Let me know via direct message if you want a referral or interested in working in a particular domain. I know we have a few engineering positions in mountain view and Seattle and several in HQ. Also lo
- Best companies for Sales Engineers? I've been working as an engineer for 10 years across a lot of the big companies (MSFT, ADBE, GOOG). I'm tired of the grind of engineering and sales engineering sounds like a pretty sweet gig all things considered. More interesting people, decent pay, travel, not as mentally draining, etc. The role s
- Paid Consultation I got a request via LinkedIn from GL Group about a paid Consultation related to a specific Topic in IT. I looked up GL Group and what they do. they have a pretty website, but I wasn’t sure abt their services. So how legitimate are they? and have any one of u dealt with them before? Trying to find
- My own apartment towed my car... Can I take legal action? I have a legal question, lots of smart people here so please advise if you can. Here are the facts: 1) I moved into Apartments in Baton Rouge, Louisiana in July 2017 (I'm here for training) and received a parking permit. Please note these apartments cater to students (I am not a student). 2) My c
- Any Homeshare Alternatives? Been trying to lock in a room via homeshare for the past week or two, and seems like their website and whole support team just went MIA lol. Need to find a place to live in the LAX area asap! Are there any alternatives to Homeshare?
- link YouTube just blocked FireTV in Google Amazon row (for realsies this time) https://www.slashgear.com/youtube-just-blocked-firetv-in-google-amazon-row-for-realsies-this-time-01513281/ Google released a statement which included the following: “We’ve been trying to reach agreement with Amazon to give consumers access to each other’s products and services. But Amazon doesn’t
- If a Recruiter asked me to apply but I don’t use a referral will I get noticed? Microsoft position Recruiter reached out to me on Linkedin and said I was a good fit. Do I need a referral to get noticed when I apply via the MS website or don’t worry about a referral if she gave me her email and just followup with her? She went dark and did not respond further after our initial exchange 1 week ag
- At OKTA, Is it best to apply by a referral? Looking to apply (i) through LinkedIn or (ii) directly through the OKTA website via referral..
- Instagram Ad forward me fake merchandise I paid for an electric scooter through an ad pushed via instagram. Now the merchandise website disappeared. I feel this is related to the recent data leak from Facebook. Should I ask Facebook to give my money back?
- How to find open Product Designer position? Is it just me or you guys have the same experience? The open positions on Linkedin usually don’t appear companies’ website or the other way around. I also see that many recruiters are posting jobs on Linkedin without giving any details and asking people to send their portfolios via email. Even some
- No response for job posting applications L6 SDE, 12 YoE. I applied to roles at Uber and Microsoft via their website but no response, it's been almost 2 weeks. I have connections at other companies like Facebook, Google, LinkedIn, etc so I have phone screens already set up with them. I thought senior engineers were desirable. Guesses on w
- Applying via website @Amazon - Is it worth the time applying via the website? See a lot of interesting roles but not sure what’s the best approach to land an interview...