- Let's build the next level communication app together This post is an open forum to build a great app together. License: MIT - Open Source Area of focus: communication and productivity In the age where businesses are communicating internally via tools like Slack, Wrike, MS Teams, etc We see tremendous improvements in the ways that we all communicate
- Hiding the likes — The Instagram way.. hey insta people.. the rollout of new feature to supress likes and rather show as many others and thousands of others is a commendable move.. In an era where youth in school and even married women are all chasing ‘likes’ as their way to value self worth, this is a bold move to put dent in it.. Whi
- My girlfriend is drinking the koolaid!!! Help guys. I love my girlfriend dearly, but she works at fb and has drunk so much koolaid that sometimes its unbearable. Tonight i casually mentioned that fb is copying snapchat features as a way to crush snapchat and she got offended 😭😭😭😭 “no fb is original in what they do. You cant prove that
- BLINDWhere can I find more exclusive content on Blind? Sign up to access your private company channel
and industry lounge.
- what do engineers do at big tech companies Just a general question from somebody outside the tech scene - what do engineers (YOU) do at established tech companies? *instagram - no changes to the front end, no new feature.. what do you do all day? *facebook - same old just a refreshed interface every long time *Netflix - mobile app’s remained
- Facebook engineers: Why does Instagram listen to us and tailor ads to what we say? How can one turn off that feature?
- Product like IG/snap for voice/audio recordings I am building a social product in the voice sector and would love to hear your thoughts on the space and idea. The product will be something like IG/snap but you record your voice instead of taking a picture/video. Then share it as a story or messages with your friends. Kind of like a “short podcas
- Shorting Snapchat stock for longterm I am thinking about shorting Snapchat for long term. I have been having this thought ever since instagram started story features. I see most of my friends and family abandon Snap longtime ago and don’t how Snapchat compete with Facebook. Any thoughts or opinions on company’s outlook or stock perfo
- Does anyone have friends that use Facebook Stories, Insta Stories, Messenger Day? I never see friends posting their story on Instagram or on Facebook or on messenger for that matter. There's a couple friends that do (like 2 or 3) but everyone else doesn't use that feature. They still use the apps but not the stories and they still use snapchat for stories. Anyone else seeing the
- Instagram: "You're all caught up" feature I'm curious why Instagram implemented the "You're all caught up - You've seen all new posts in the last two days" feature. Doesn't it kill the stickiness of the product? As it may force used to use app less frequently or for shorter durations? Any thoughts?
- Instagram Graph API I have an Instagram account with ~30k followers that I manage through an app that I have built myself. This app basically automates repetitive tasks that I found annoying. I created this a while ago and it’s not particularly complex. But I recently noticed that IG is updating their API to use Graph
- Product Feature idea I have an idea for a new product feature that would be really great for Social Network like FB, Instragram or maybe even Instagram How do I pitch my idea to these companies Another way may be to create my own app and then try to sell to these companies but this would be significantly difficult. I
- link Question about generating globally unique IDs across shards I was doing some light afternoon reading: https://instagram-engineering.com/sharding-ids-at-instagram-1cf5a71e5a5c In in the last section "Solution", where they are generating a globally unique ID based on the DB's autocrement feature + milliseconds since epoch + shard ID. Why do we need to append
- Instagram Woes My Instagram account still doesn’t have a lot of the new features being rolled out, notably the polls that are present in the story feature. My hunch is that there’s a bunch of feature flags that are being switched on for subsets of the user base. Anyone at Insta want to help a brotha out? Gotta ha
- Revolve I didn't know Revolve went public this year. The company caught my attention a few years back when I saw its tap-to-shop feature on Instagram. Seems like they rely heavily on influencers. Are there any users from Revolve on Blind? https://www.cnbc.com/2019/07/02/stocks-making-the-biggest-moves-m
- Any resources to improve code design skills? I am familiar with most design patterns. But I am not sure if I will be use them effectively when implementing features. Any recommendations on books/courses that will help me get better at object oriented code design? This is not for the purpose of cracking interviews. I am taking a new job and w