- FAANGs using higher-level languages for increased productivity? Are there any examples of big companies (not just FAANG) preferring Python or higher-level languages over Go/Java for increased productivity? I know that PayPal switched from Java to Node a few years back and achieved some large gains in productivity. Youtube and Insta are still on Python. Can any
- A direction for- Android dev/flutter - Faang ? Hi, I am Native Android developer (i too manage small team of 4 devs)Graduate computer science with almost 4.5YOE, TC $15k (location: chennai,india). What should be obvious choice, leave job prepare for FAANG(or anything better ) ?, but none post shows how to for Android/mobile dev. All videos on
- Microservices Architecture Hi Folks I am looking for good resources on Microservices that I can learn from. I am interested in starting the services from scratch and take it up to the level of production. On Google, I don't see any good resources that I can refer to learn and implement. How you guys get started with it and h
- BLINDTalk privately with your coworkers. Promotions? All-hands? Join your company's internal discussion.
- Switch to pure Backend Roles from Full-Stack Dev I have worked 3+ years as a Full-stack Dev contributed in both frontend and backend equally using technologies like Backbone/React/Java Spring/Ruby on Rails/MongoDB/SQL Server/ Nginx/SOLR/Redis/RabbitMQ. I wish to transition to a role focussed on Backend / Distributed Computing role. I have curren
- Success after 8 interviews Hello, I’m not here to boast, but just want to share my experience, frustration and finally the success. I applied for Sr Full Stack Engineer roles. Starting in Aug 2018, I decided that I needed to make a switch. At the point of time, I was not confident enough to even solve basic Two Sum problem
- Interview Cycle: Facebook M1, Google L7, Microsoft L68, and Local Public Company Hello all. I recently interviewed for positions at a local public company, Facebook, Google, and Microsoft and promised in another thread to recount the experiences, since there’s not a lot of Blind info for the experienced/higher level folks. So I don’t have to GTFO, TC is currently $396k (was $5