- link Another data point on industry hire in the bay ..great read :) Found this post on Reddit and seems really helpful . Just posting it here . ————///——————///——————///——/ Hi everyone, I just went through a round of interviews and wanted to share a data point. I wanted to share some interview tips that you may not have seen before. I'll also answer questions in A
- What teams have good wlb at Facebook I hear so many people who talk about the stress and poor wlb at Facebook. I’m wondering what teams or types of teams have less stress and decent wlb.
- vote Two Sigma vs Google Hi I have new grad SWE offers from Two Sigma (NYC) and Google (Seattle/Kirkland) and could use some help with the decision. These are the primary factors I'm considering: Edit: Google PA is either Communications or UFO Learning/growth: - I feel like I'll learn a lot at either so I'm not too concer
- BLINDWhere can I find more exclusive content on Blind? Sign up to access your private company channel
and industry lounge.
- Go to Facebook or stay at Amazon I am currently working at Amazon as an L5. I have a SWE offer from Facebook E4 with a significant salary bump(40%), but I am concerned about the work life balance and stress at Facebook. Currently, I have a decent WLB in my current team at AWS and work is okayish. But, I am not happy with the compe
- I seriously don’t get Facebook after 6 months. Should I just move on? Anyone else feeling this way? I’ve been at Facebook 6 months now and I’m still struggling with the culture. For a company that sells itself on being fast paced there’s a really unpleasant mix of overly complicated processes and a challenge to find clearly documented answers. I’m used to tech start ups (some not so small) so I ha
- IP issues with moonlighting My employment contract gives ibm rights to all the ideas I have while working here. As long as it’s related to ibm’s business it’s theirs. Technically it’s not related to IBMs business except that it’s technology and someday it might earn money. Should I try to get a waiver for ownership of the pr
- vote Data on WLB and job security from polls on FAANG + other large tech companies [x-post] [Sharing here after realizing that many folks on Blind don't have access to Tech Lounge] Q1. Working over 40 hours per week Facebook: 13/19 = 68％ Lyft: 11/18 = 61％ LinkedIn: 39/68 = 57％ Amazon: 31/55 = 56％ Cisco: 26/47 = 55％ Two Sigma: 6/11 = 55％ Apple: 21/39 = 54％ Airbnb: 7/13 = 54％ Uber: 14/27 =
- Depression on blind All jokes about TC/5'6'' Indian aside, there's a lot of posts about people feeling low and depressed and some even thinking about taking a bad big step to end their life.. It's obviously very sad that so many tech workers are suffering from mental health or stress or anxiety enough to want to die. F
- vote Level of Stress: Amazon vs. Facebook Two notorious employers known for bad WLB. Who’s worse?
- Challenging problems to solve... when asked about the job First of all, I am not judging or criticizing at all. I am just trying to understand the reason why this is the most important criteria for many people. I can understand when people say they like the job because of good WLB, compensation, meaningful (ie make world better) or fun work or work enviro
- vote Facebook engineers - Do you feel the stress at work? Do you get stressed at work? FB seems to have high expectations from its employees.
- Instagram work-life balance? Facebook is notorious for having really bad work-life balance across product teams (eng, design, pm). 9-7/8 and weekend work is common I hear with tons of stress. Is Instagram different? I’ve heard they actually respect work life balance and it is mostly 9-5 with no weekend work and lower stress l
- How long does it take to hear back from Facebook I have a question please, I had an interview with facebook in london, I was under the stress during the coding part, My code was correct but it's not the perfect one. I want to know 2 things : - ther's any chance to move the next round even my algorithm was O(n^2) 😅? - How much time it will take
- Facebook stress levels How stressful is it to work as a SWE at Facebook? Is there constant pressure to deliver more? Can you push back?
- vote Do you feel stressed as a Facebook Android developer? We all know that stress level of a facebook engineer is quite high. This question is specifically targeted for Android developers at FB