- LinkedIn “Cold Calls” / Emails Does anyone else get very tired of the generic, self serving LinkedIn requests from total fandoms? More than happy and willing to help others where I see potential, but badly written messages stating “I have a business analytics degree and am an expert in python, numpy, tableau” or “I would like to
- Equivalent job at Microsoft I’m trying to switch from software engineering at Microsoft to a technical role In the company with more engagement with outside partners. Something post-sales where I travel and present on Microsoft products to clients would be ideal. What would this role be called at Microsoft? At other companies
- vote Global and language trends for engineers As the world gets smaller and tech becomes ubiquitous, I predict that there will be a surging need for software engineers who can speak multiple languages and work with international partners. Particularly in places like Latin America or Southeast Asia. It would also make sense that these engineers
- Getting a job as a generalist? I've worked with startups for 8 years wearing many different hats. Job descriptions make me overwhelmed with the amount of specific experience they want. Any advice for a generalist who's mainly worked in between engineers and customers/partners to transition into a bigger, more stable company?
- Should I hire Company or people to build app I met with an investor who wants to come onboard and fund my currently nonexistent startup. He seemed fine putting in $50k upfront for about 10-20% (I’m not too worried about equity right now). His partners may put in more. I said $50k is pretty low and isn’t enough to get the app up and running. I
- Path to "Partner" position at Microsoft # How many Product Managers reach that step? # What are key components in people who were able to reach that far? Was it the fact that they always worked on problems that mattered to the company? # What is the TC for Partners at Microsoft?
- Beginning my first round of job search - does the list look reasonable? Hey all, first time posting here! I’m looking at opportunities after staying at my first job for three years (180k TC), and I’m wondering if the list of companies below is reasonable (wanna get into Data Engineering / Backend role) - Google - Airbnb - Two Sigma - Citadel - Addepar - Stripe - PDT P
- Uber vs. Lyft Comp / Culture Is Lyft honestly a company that treats employees and driver partners with more class / dignity (and better compensation)? Or is it a ruse and Uber simply owns its long hours and challenged relationship with both parties in a more unabashed manner?
- Ubiome Billing issues / Refund / New CEO Received this letter from Ubiome customer support: On Friday, April 26, 2019, federal authorities, pursuant to a search warrant, searched the uBiome’s facilities in San Francisco. We are cooperating fully with federal authorities on this matter. Our Board of Directors has appointed John Rakow, ou
- Great idea and software almost ready Got a great idea and software almost ready. This is app software for the Enterprise. Edit: APM software Looking for partners that can grow this into a company.
- Partners leave - why? Why do you think a newer(5years) and small (100 employees) company has turnover within the partner group (partners are about 10% of company size)? Company is financially doing well, increased revenue yoy...
- How can I leverage startup experience in next job? I started my career as a sales development rep, team lead then did some small business sales in the b2b space. Later I started a company and for the last year i have been working for myself. Dealt with investors, created decks, did some market research, put a team together, networked, found partner
- 1 year experience in MS -big vision and mission -focus is on O365 and Azure -business application selling is very primitive -partners are with us because we sell license and pay lots of rebate, incentives etc., -money is coming through O and A -hr is very poor -very less employee to employee social touch -more you spe
- link Funding @BuildingConnected We just announced our Series B ($22M) yesterday. As we look to hire many people in the coming months, I wondered if anyone has advice to share or lessons learned going through a big growth spurt? Thanks! More info on our company below: https://medium.com/lightspeed-venture-partners/the-linkedin-f
- Prioritize short term experience or long term gain? So I have an interesting career decision before me, maybe some others can relate? I currently work at a small 6 person design firm with a 20+ year history in the local area. This is also my first solid, full time, employment after graduating. Originally I had expected to work here for a year or two