- Joined Apple after PhD and feel like my skills and knowledge are degrading. I joined a science team at Apple two years ago and am working on a very specific feature that Apple is developing. While interviewing, the interviewers were very vague about what I will be working on (as seems to be the case with most Apple interviews) but they told me that I will be working in a fa
- How “refreshers” work at Amazon Last updated: 7/21/2019 TL;DR: If you sign with Amazon, expect only paltry base raises and no new stock grants until the 5th year even if you get promoted. If you don’t, your TC will actually drop to the bottom of band so that’s a cliff in its own way. What you see in the offer letter is all you’re
- When does Amazon's compensation overtake Microsoft's? Amazon's TC for new grad SDEs is about $135k while Microsoft's offers seem to be in the range of $160-180k. It's a pretty big gap and it gets even bigger if you take benefits like 401k match and tuition reimbursement into account. However, the consensus seems to be that Microsoft underpays its seni
- BLINDWhere can I find more exclusive content on Blind? Sign up to access your private company channel
and industry lounge.
- link H1B selection without SEVP update Did anyone hear from their HR/Lawyer about their H1B application being selected in the lottery without seeing any change on their SEVP portal/account? This question is only valid for the H1B applicants whose OPT was ending before 09/30/18. Some details :- “H1B Lottery Selected/ Pending Processing /
- July Nooglers We have lost 15% of equity value which caused big dent on the TC. For some of us,TC is now approx same as in the prev company.. Does Google fix this gap in the next perf cycle? Or at least does Google take this into account in the next refresh?