- Lack of experience when facing interviews I am a UI/UX designer and I’ve been working for 10 years. Now I’m looking for a job and I see that companies requiere lots of things like UX research and user testing and I don’t have that experience because it wasn’t my job at any of the companies I’ve worked for. Now I feel stuck. I have lots of e
- Common Blind abbreviations AI - Artificial Intelligence AMZN - Amazon AWS - Amazon Web Services BI - Business Intelligence BIE - BI Engineer BS - Bachelor of Science or bullshit DE - Data Engineer DS - Data Scientist EE - Electrical Engineering or Enterprise Engineering EM - Engineering Manager FANG - Facebook, Amazon, Netfli
- vote SWE @ Airbnb or Facebook Compensation aside, would you rather be a front end engineer at Facebook or Airbnb? - FB probably has more interesting UI challenges - A lot more teams/products to choose from at FB - Airbnb has some of the best product design sense in the valley imo - Airbnb doesn’t have to target increasing time
- BLINDWhere can I find more exclusive content on Blind? Sign up to access your private company channel
and industry lounge.
- What is UX design? I’ve walked through my portfolio with UX recruiters/HMs from Facebook, MS, Google, +others, and I’ve gotten consistent feedback that the work “isn’t UX design”. Project 1: Evaluated and analyzed company’s communication strategy with customers, gathered qualitative feedback and quant data from resea
- What is Production Engineer (UI) at Facebook? Looks like it is a frontend focused role. I am currently a frontend developer but the word “production engineer” scares me. Do you think it will be relevant for a front-end developer? I have 4 yoe.
- Is Facebook Marketplace better than Craigslist? Facebook Marketplace seems to serve the same purpose as Craigslist except it has better UI and you can see sellers profile. Is Craigslist going to be obsolete?
- PM @ Facebook Hi All, I am product operations manager (2 yrs) and previously worked as service engineer (5 yrs) looking to get into product management. I checked out the RPM role thinking it might be a good option but the applications have closed yesterday (my bad for not checking earlier). But also, some fol
- Looking to leave current job and get a couple of referrals (based in NYC) Hey blinders! I've started to look for a new job and have had phone interviews. My background has mostly been in startups as a Product Designer, so I've applied to startup companies. But I'm wondering how I stack up to bigger companies, their challenges, and really wanting to learn more from leadin
- How's the data infrastructure at your company? No need to go into specifics, just at a high level. Mainly interested in Facebook, Google and Pinterest, but any other internet companies with large amounts of data are free to chime in. Say you want to read some data and gain insights from it. Do you have a central platform where teams can dump the
- link Zuck-bot strikes again https://www.fastcompany.com/90314763/now-facebook-is-allowing-anyone-to-look-you-up-using-your-security-phone-number FB UI is already a crime against humanity, why do you guys keep on doing this?
- Facebook new design for comments UI. It's awful and ugly at least on Android :( @Facebook Is it permanent or just an experiment?