- Designer - transition advice? I’ve pretty much been a standard graphic designer for my entire career... moved up to art director, yadda yadda.. My question is: I want to move beyond aesthetics in to Business/Service Design. (I really appreciate the challenge of advocating for design within buttoned up corporate environments too.
- What are some untold general truths in Silicon Valley? - If you are gay, you’re probably a designer - If you have a IBM thinkpad, you probably work in finance or accounting (Same If you use the printer) - If you’re a bad engineer, you probably work in QA - If you dress badly, you’re probably a backend engineer - If you dress well, you’re probably an iOS
- Graphic Designer into Product Designer role Anyone have advice/experience on transitioning from a graphic design role to product designer role? Specifically, what new skills do you think you’d need to switch over? is this a role I can basically jump into and learn on the job since I already have a design background, or is going back to scho
- BLINDWhere can I find more exclusive content on Blind? Sign up to access your private company channel
and industry lounge.
- Careers What are some good areas for a graphic designer to move into? It seems companies are only hiring graphic designers as contractors or freelancers. I’m tired of it.
- senior designer pay unfortunately, or maybe fortunately, im not at one of the big companies most on here are at. but, what does everyone feel a senior graphic designer that manages two juniors, only has creative director above them, handles productions, leads all design projects and has 12 years experience should be at
- Design Product I’ve been a designer for almost 20 years. During that time design has gone through so many different phases. I was a “graphic designer”, “visual designer”, “interaction”, “UX”, “product”, etc. I’ve also founded and sold my own company. I’ve made tons of product decisions along the way. Throughout
- Are Designers Over Valued and Overpaid? Genuine question: what qualifies a designer to claim credibility on how a product should function? They don’t really understand how software works. Until a few years ago they were doing graphic design and now want to say how the product should work.
- Best UI Wireframes using iPad and Apple Pencil I tried Balsamic on Mac which is easy to use and perfect for the work I am doing. Except I wish they had a iPad version where I could draw the UI using Apple Pencil. Is there no UI mockup tool using iPad and Apple Pencil. Note that I cannot use tools which give you a blank canvas and you are supp
- Resume prep service recommendations ? Has anyone had positive experiences with a resume writing/prep service? If so which ones? I haven’t updated mine in several years and am also not much of a graphic designer. TC: 280k
- Any sr. designers here? Side project! Looking for rockstar UI/UX, graphic, maybe some Branding experience. (Doesn’t have to be 1 designer) for some side gig work. Will pay in Ethereum. What are the going rates for some legit web product design? Serious. #ethereum #crypto #blockchain
- Graphic Designer Salary What is the standard salary for a graphic designer and senior graphic designer in Chicago? Both freelance (hourly) and salary.
- Negotiating Salary I am currently a temp and looking to get hired on permanent within a month or two. I was hired as a Sr Graphic Designer But the position responsibilities are really that of an Art Director or Creative Director. I was to negotiate my salary of that of the latter positions. I currently paid 24/hr but
- How do I give a startup pipe dream traction? No software or design experience. Not much money - where do I begin? Is it best to commission a series of visual storyboards by a graphic designer and use these to pitch? Or commission an actual product first? Meetups, books, talent and team building tips?
- Future Move(s) Evaluation Ok everyone. Right now I work at a firearms distributor and with all of the recent shootings I get sick to my stomach working there. Sorry if your an NRA or Second Amend. utilizer. Fact is we had one of our best weeks of the whole last year after the Vegas shootings and that’s tearing me up. People
- Visual Designer/ Graphic Designer jobs in SF? Any good branding and identity design studios or design studios you recommend in San Francisco?
- Best Graphic Design Options? Located in LA. Trying to compile my portfolio for a niche though I'm not sure which niche to pursue. Not a developer. Not an illustrator. Strong understanding of digital and content marketing. Very light animator. I'm attempting to shift from freelance to a more consistent career. I'm looking to
- Graphic designer career change... advice?? After ten years in all aspects of talent acquisition, I want to go after my dream job. I’d love and greatly appreciate to hear if anyone has made a transition into anything graphic design, UX or even front end web dev, etc. I’m probably more inclined to go graphic design and try working my way into
- What direction to take as a graphic designer? I am pretty much the sole graphics and web designer at my office. I feel like I have a decently wide scope of abilities, but lack any stand-out skills. My question is what should I focus on learning/advancing the most to get the biggest ROI? I currently use Illustrator, VSDC (video editor), and word
- Who is looking for an epic Graphic Designer?! Let’s create the future.
- Graphic Designer - Completing UX/UI Bootcamp Looking for a Role In ATL I’m a graphic designer with 6 YOE and I just moved to Atlanta for my husband’s job. I am beginning a UX/UI Bootcamp certification which I’ll complete in Nov 2019. I am looking for a referral for a role in Atlanta in either graphic design or UX/UI. Any leads or advice would be helpful! Thanks so much
- vote Graphic design intern get a new job offer! My current job is an in-house intern graphic designer, and I’m the only designer in our company. Here... - No senior designer, so cannot learn from anyone - But, can learn marketing perspectives cz I’m in the marketing team - Going to move office farther - Verbally offered full time job after inter