- IBM is winning in cloud. Why does no one acknowledge the fact that IBM is third in the cloud business behind AWS and Azure. The media always says AWS Microsoft and Google are the 3 major cloud providers but that's wrong. Google did about 3 billion in cloud sales in 2017 while IBM did about 17 billion. Makes no sense to me.
- Does your company allow personal credit card for travel? Curious which companies allow employees to use a personal credit card for booking business travel vs forcing use of corporate card. And if corporate, do you get to keep points? Details appreciated. IBM - Forces booking of air, hotel, car, and anything else bookable on Concur on the corporate card.
- vote Should Microsoft shutdown (or Sell Off) its Windows Desktop The more I use the latest windows 10 desktop OS. it feels more like abandon ware to me. Microsoft has fully shifted its focus on Cloud and Internet Services. And its pretty clear that their desktop Windows is more like a liability and I wonder how does it fit into the narrative of Cloud + Internet S
- Google Consulting team?? Google being product company, does Google also have consulting team (like IBM or SAP), who would go to client site and work through implementation or help client to customize Google solutions within the paradigm, or help customers understand and transform their business to leverage best of Google pr
- There is no counter culture in tech anymore There are no new Steve Jobs and Steve Wozniaks out there anymore. Where are the hippies? Where are the freaks? The punks? They've been replaced by a bunch of psychotic MBA sociopaths who only care about money. When Jobs and Wozniak started Apple they were obsessed with taking down the corporate who
- link Google, Apple ditching college degree requirements *How will this affect software engineering tech salaries?* Hi Blind Community, CNBC reported "More than a dozen companies, including Google, Apple and IBM, are no longer requiring applicants to have college degrees" (https://www.cnbc.com/2018/08/16/15-companies-that-no-longer-require-employees-to-
- vote Does it make sense to breakdown giant tech companies strickly from the point of view of consumer?? For example: 1. Will consumer/advertisers benefits more when we have Instagram, WhatsApp, Facebook, etc etc as different companies and compete with each other?? User can switch platform if they don't like the policy and operations of one company.. 2. Can AWS serve their customer better if they are
- IBM 401K matching I have a question on IBM's 401K plan: From www-01.ibm.com/employment/us/benefits/2019_Benefits_and_HR_Programs.pdf: • Automatically enrolled into the before-tax 401(k) at 5% of eligible earnings after approximately one month on payroll, if no action taken • May increase contribution up to 80% of p
- IP issues with moonlighting My employment contract gives ibm rights to all the ideas I have while working here. As long as it’s related to ibm’s business it’s theirs. Technically it’s not related to IBMs business except that it’s technology and someday it might earn money. Should I try to get a waiver for ownership of the pr