- Do you consider 4+ years at a company without a title change negative?What would the cutoff be before it would look negative in your eyes?
New / DesignNeed2Go
- On-site interviews for product designer Hey guys, I’m headed on-site for the final round half day of interviews next week. What questions/line of questioning can I expect from engineering
New / DesignMa3625
- Designers, what are you working on (high level overview) I am curious to see what your teams are up to! We are working on the innovative built from scratch platforms and solutions. Rapid prototyping and idea
Expedia / DesignProtot
- Interview process for different companies Curious to hear what the interview process was like at the companies you applied to. Might be good to share with fellow blinders who are thinking abou
- L&T in hardwareAnyone know about LnT employment for hardware engineers and layout design and if it’s a good idea to work for them?
GlobalFoundries / EngLEKT52
- How to get my portfolio noticed Background: I went to school for animation/ film, worked in the gaming industry an a concept artist/ illustrator for 5-7 years before switching career
Yelp / OtherLeedleLee
- Reinterview with Google after passing HCI’ve been in team match phase for 2 months and it’s starting wear me down. I’m thinking of taking an offer elsewhere. What is the process like for ca
- New grad design at FB, Google, or Reddit?Got offers from FB and Google, and Reddit is keen about me but unsure about career growth/support for new grad versus other two. Recent fb news has m
New / Designrwx86
GoDaddy / Designinventor
- Interviewing as pixel pusher vs strategistHi, I started to interviewing but I feel like recruiters are looking for someone to only do pretty wireframes and animations worth posting on dribbble
- Design ExerciseWhat would you do if a company sent you a design exercise that was related to their product?
IDEO / DesignA_
- Parsons, New York. MFA DT(Design in Technology) Course.Hi, looking for some insights of this course. 1. How is the course curriculum? 2. Which are major employers for graduates?
- Working on Ads products anyone?Anyone here work on any Ads product at their companies and would like to share thoughts about career prospects? Is it really a safe bet with good mone
- Requirements first or usecase first?We have a culture here that we do the use cases first and then work on implementation and then derive the requirements from the use cases when all is
- E5 / E6 Product Designer at FacebookWhat is the designation of E5, E6 Product Designers at Facebook. What are their responsibilities?
AppDynamics / OtherNeXTT
- Freelance/Consulting thoughts?Thinking of quitting job and trying to go the freelance/consulting route. Currently make $95k/yr pre-tax. Think I can beat this in the DC area without
Capital One / DesignETF189
- Best way to learn objects oriented designI am starting to prepare for MS L63 or equivalent levels interviews. What is the best way to learn object oriented design? I have seen people recomme
- Is there no one working on the Google Inbox iOS app anymore?It’s still not adapted to iphoneX screen size a year later...
Uber / EngPeanut 🥜
- Which data structure to useGiven a message flow of numbers collected from a async process (the source is a incremental generator with gaps) print the data in continuous interval
- Best company for design?Just out of curiosity where do most designers prefer to work after Facebook or Google?
- Proposed a new business idea. Need tips on getting approval for fundingI proposed a new business idea and business liked it. Now she asked me to make a case and propose the idea to a larger audience. Any tips on best prac
Amazon / Enggodman!
- IDEO vs FAANGI personally love IDEO and frog design. Their influence can be seen all over the Bay Area and abroad (design thinking, Stanford D-School, Google Sprin
- Amazon Interviews: Design ManagementAnyone out there been through the design interview loop/process? I’d like to hear what you went through and/or any tips regarding what you would have
Microsoft / Design206wrkr
- Seattle Facebook: Looking for MentorHey Facebookers! I’m looking to re-apply as a product designer after the 12mo wait period. Looking for a design mentor to help make sure I’m developin
Amazon / PMPRFAQ
- Facebook Seattle designers: what do you work on?Ad effectiveness primarily? More? Anything you can mention? Some really really impressive people in the Seattle office, have been talking to the recru
Amazon / DesignM67gq98
- Adobians? Adobers? Adoberettes? Adobans?Fellow Adobians (is that how you call it? :) can someone please help me out with Adobe Cloud subscription F&F deal? One thousand thank you! 🙏🏻
Amazon / Eng📸mаn
- CMU School of Design's Master of Design ProgramIs CMU School of Design's Master of Design, a STEM course?
- Caviar UX wtfYou use the same shapes and patterns for radio buttons as you do checkboxes. And you can heart restaurants but can’t find a list of where those might
Amazon / Eng5boro
- L6 PM internal transfer to UX DesignerHey people. My background is in UX Design but I came to Amazon through the MBA recruiting pipeline. If attempting to internal transfer, should I be lo
Amazon / PMUMFR43
- Switching from Marketing to DesignI’m interested in chatting with anyone who has made a switch from a marketing role to a design role. Would love to chat and hear more about your exper
- Design Interview @adobeGot an Experience design interview at Adobe.? Really love adobe ! What kind of trait make one successful there at Adobe? Any suggestions?
- Design with more autonomyI am looking for a role where I have more autonomy working with Engineers as a design lead. I often feel I'm doing things, processes, vision decks, et
- Consumer vs enterprise designBeen working in the enterprise space for most of my UX design career - I always wondered how it's like in the consumer space. All of the products I wo
- Career progression to a Sr levelHow long does it typically take to become a Sr designer? Please post your years of experience before becoming a Sr. Thank you!
Expedia / DesignSongWrong
- Design challenge by GoogleI'm currently working on a design challenge given to me by Google. Apart from ensuring the obvious (showing my process, rationale, backing it up with
New / Designdesignwise
- Creating first portfolio...Say what? I’m young in my career (roughly 4.5 years experience) but I haven’t had to create a document online or offline that walks through my work. T
IDEO / DesignHGTV_
- What to show in portfolio interviewDoing portfolio review with Facebook soon. Strongest work (from when I was at a consultancy) didn’t make it past private beta, largely due to my clien
Amazon / Design::\_/::
- Design driven teamsWhat are best design driven teams/companies to work? By design I mean user interface, user experience, user research. Basically designing for consume
- What‘s like working at IDEO or other big design agency?I have been avoiding Design Agencies all my life. But I‘m curious if the urban legends are true. What I have seen and heard: Lots of pressure. Much s
- Any remote designers here?I’ve always been interested in eventually working 100% remote, but I know that can be a bit difficult as a designer due to the nature of the field. I’
IBM / Designeyebeemer
- Will Walmart convert contract into full-time?Recently I got an opportunity to work at a contract designer at Walmart. What the ratio to convert to full time for this kind of role? Any suggestions