- Is it ethical for job title to be changed after interview? Recently interviewed with Amazon and was made an offer for a lower level (l5 instead of l6) and different job family (Was offered BA role instead of BIE). Recruiter said that the committee felt I was a better fit as a BA. I checked the job posting that I had applied for and saw that the job title wa
- What companies have you rejected, and why? Me: Facebook <—- Data scandal Amazon <—- culture & seemed underwhelming Apple <—- Already worked there, wanted something new Raytheon <—— Ethical reasons Twitter <—— Meh LinkedIn <—— Joined Microsoft EA <—— Wanted to join a company which had multiple products outside of gaming. Some Startups <—- Wa
- vote Apple vs Amazon vs Facebook, where would you work as SWE given the same TC and top teams? Apple Pro: Prestige, Employee discounts, Good refreshers Con: Secrecy Facebook Pro: Prestige, Interesting problems to solve, benefits, top pay Con: WLB, Self-consciousness, ethical practices Amazon Pro: Stock growth Con: WLB, Frugality, On-call TC:300K
- BLINDWhere can I find more exclusive content on Blind? Sign up to access your private company channel
and industry lounge.
- Karma Recently, I had a few conversations about the ethics of companies. For example, folks comparing Amazon to Walmart and the like. Please list one company that, in your opinion, has a clear karma record and one that should rot in hell?
- Have AMZN offer, contacted by FB recruiter- how to proceed? Currently, an MBA student with signed offer from Amazon. Was contacted by FB recruiter, presumably for a job in NYC, a city which I would greatly prefer over Seattle. Should I a) be upfront with the recruiter about my current offer and hope to reconnect in the future Or b) act like I don’t have an
- Cancelling Amzn onsite Thinking of cancelling Amazon Seattle onsite as wife found a job in the Bay Area. They have already booked my flight tickets and hotel. Is it ethical to cancel now? Would I need to reimburse for the cancelled flights? Would it make me ineligible for future roles in the company?
- AWS - Being an AWS employee and an AWS partner, at the same time. Having a little trouble trying to beat my ethics here. My company is an AWS partner, and I'm afraid of answering to Amazon emails (i.e. account manager ). Since it's a small company, no one else have the expertise or tech knowledge in order to get involved with AWS topics with customers, other tha