- link 3 YOE - 5 Offers - Seattle I’ll lead with this: I’m a straight white guy with a neutral-American accent and US citizenship, so I have a lot of unfair advantages in life that not everyone is lucky enough to get. Blind was a big part of what inspired me to seek out higher compensation and gave me confidence in my negotiation,
- link Update: Still poor, but now I've got a future! (& I kept my soul) Hi everyone. Two weeks ago after a particularly long, difficult day, I got on the internet and started researching how to get into the tech field. This first led me to reddit's CS Career Questions board. While reading the posts, I noticed how people kept mentioning "blind" and curiosity led me to d
- link Job Hunt : My Story AMA Been job hunting for past month or so. After lots of ups and down finally have few job offers. Failures : 1. Uber 2. Twilio 3. Google 4. Splunk Success: 1. DropBox 2. Salesforce 3. Workday 4. DocuSign 5. Linkedin 6. Sumo Logic Location : San Francisco YOE : 7 years Genre : Front End Development
- BLINDWhere can I find more exclusive content on Blind? Sign up to access your private company channel
and industry lounge.
- Apple jobs portal + full-time opportunity Hello, I’ve been applying through the apple jobs portal for a year now, first i was looking for internship and now a full time opportunity. I have never heard back from them. I’m a masters student (f1 visa). Is it the right way to apply for a job in the company? Apple has always been my dream com
- Desperately seeking referrals | Engineering Mgr. roles Hi guys, seeking referrals to EM roles. Honestly getting calls has been harder than the preparation, below is my target list but I will taken what I get. need to get out of my current job before Nov. 1. Cruise 2. Splunk 3. Affirm 4. Salesforce 5. Dropbox 6. Slack 7. Twitter 8. Square 9. Adobe 10
- Interview call Why is it so so difficult to get an interview call from Uber/Lyft/Stripe/Splunk/Zillow/Twitter? I have been consistently applying to these companies for the positions where my skills match against the job-positions, however, i have never received any single call. Could anyone point the reason??
- Verizon in DMV NOVA, Virginia, Maryland, Washington, DC - Pay, benefits, and Culture? Lot of tech jobs open at Verizon NOVA DMV location, what is the culture and pay like there? Not everyone is looking for 300k FYI - do they have base pay around 150k+ with 15%+ bonus for experienced individuals? Job openings: 5G Solutions Engineer Application Security Engineer Cloud Architect
- How is Splunk's IT infra team? Hi guys, got a job offer from splunk IT infra team for a PM role. Wanted to get your thoughts on the org, it's future, the work culture, etc. TC : 220k
- Splunk Interview tips I have an upcoming video interview with Splunk! Super excited and nervous. It is for an entry-level performance engineering role. Never had a video interview before. What is the process like and how can I best be prepared to secure the job? This is one of my top companies to work for, more so than s
- New grad looking for referrals Have worked 2 years in Microsoft India. Computer science grad student. Looking referral for full-time job in software engineering roles LinkedIn Splunk Apple Walmart Open to other other companies as well
- Stay or move Got an offer from a reputed SaaS company in the bay area. TC they offered was 40-50k more than my TC then. Now Splunk stock going out of the roof, my current TC has climbed to 10-20k less than my future TC. Also my current company is making a case for my promotion. I was down-leveled at the new co
- Phone interview with splunk I have a phone interview with splunk tomo . It is a backend role that requires c++ .. should I focus on algos and ds or c++ ? Also I could not see the job posting now in their careers page and LinkedIn says this job is no longer accepting applications . Does this mean the position is filled ?
- Splunk sustaining engineer is a software engineer position? Noticed that splunk has sustaining engineer positions, also have QA and software engineer positions. Is sustaining job a good one to consider?
- SOC Well these days, AI is taking over everywhere. In cyber space , we are hearing AI integration to tools like Splunk that can detect anomaly and patterns. Do you think 1st level response teams in SOC will be still needed? Do you see in future these jobs in that area going nowhere?