- Google SRE vs SWE How do blinders view the differences between Google’s SRE vs SWE roles in terms of: - Compensation (i heard SRE pays more since there is some element of being on live support where you get compensated extra) - Prestige - Career growth - Opportunities for learning - Opportunities to code Starting
- Tier rankings for tech companies in the Bay Area Tier = Pay, prestige, wlb, culture, benefits, talent pool, brand weight on resume, people have starry eyes when you tell them where you work at Tier 0: Be your own boss Tier 1: FNG Tier 2: Apple, Uber, Airbnb, Lyft, Linkedin Tier 3: Amazon, Microsoft, Stripe, Pinterest, Slack, Snap, Dropbox, Robinh
- FAANG vs Prestigious large startup Curious to hear from people who have worked at both - which is better for TC and career growth? By prestigious large startup I’m referring to companies like Stripe, Lyft, Pinterest, Databricks, Quora
- BLINDWhere can I find more exclusive content on Blind? Sign up to access your private company channel
and industry lounge.
- Blind = Toxic? I've been on the platform only for a few months now and I'm just shocked at the brazen toxic environment that festers here. Every genuine question has replies from trolls and rude jerks. It is almost impossible to parse out the relevant answers from all the garbage that is spewed in comments. How co
- Put your money in hedge funds? Advise on maximize TC. Market neutral hedge funds like Two Sigma have insane pnl (30% according to quora). Since two sigma is private, is the best bet to high TC and Net worth as a new grad to join one of these companies and invest? On the TC note, supposedly all I care about is TC, would it be a plausible career pivot t
- Why do so many top students end up at niche financial firms and under the radar startups? It feels like you don’t see all that many people from Stanford/MIT at FB/G anymore. Relative to their size of the companies you see many more going to more secretive and niche financial firms like HRT, Five Rings, Ansatz Capital, etc or other startups that I’ve either never heard of or are moderatel
- Wonderful experience with a Recruiter Phase I: Interview - I applied online for a senior data scientist role at a large healthcare company in Minneapolis. An internal recruiter directly set me up for a phone interview with the hiring manager. I did well and they scheduled an onsite within 4-5 days. I eventually got the offer within a co
- Looking for referrals for Airbnb/Quora/Lyft/Slack Hey guys, I’m a software engineer with ~2 years of experience working in Canada looking for opportunities in the states for better career development, especially at Airbnb, Quora, Lyft and Slack. I keep applying for these companies, but never got a chance to get a single interview with any of them
- link Interview Prep Hi. I have an upcoming interview at Facebook for a data scientist role (they call it data science, it's really product analytics). This is the role: https://www.facebook.com/careers/v2/jobs/209905326241987/?q=data%20science%20analytics&location=menlo-park I want to make sure I'm really well prepare
- Quora Onsite, New Grad What to expect - more of the same leetcode? Also, thoughts on starting career at Quora?
- Quora SWE-ML Interview? Recently met with Quora at career fair, mentioned I was looking for new grad roles and had interest in ML. They reached out and asked to set up interview for SWE-ML: should I expect standard algo/ds or more ML focus? There wasn't a new grad role specifically for ML so not sure of their expectation,