- "As a Technical Program Manager for Instagram, I build the underlying infrastructure that supports machine learning.sic" Why are all TPM/PM soo useless? What a joke this is! This is an excerpt from Facebook Careers ad I got on Fb.
- Fixing the Gender ratio in tech I fully understand and accept the problem but I feel that the way we are tackling this at the moment is not correct. All I see in the name of WIT is millions of $$ spent on fancy beach side conference vacations, expensive travel and swags, reserved ticket for women in Google IO and certain unreason
- Facebook phone screen reject I had a phone screen interview with Facebook and I thought it went well, as I coded 2 questions in the 45 minutes. But surprisingly I got a reject email from them "Thank you for interviewing with Facebook. I received feedback from your technical screen and unfortunately, the feedback is not stron
- BLINDWhere can I find more exclusive content on Blind? Sign up to access your private company channel
and industry lounge.
- link Facebook Rotational Product Manager Hi guys, The applications for Rotational Product Manager at Facebook recently opened up and I was wondering if anyone at Facebook would be able to give me a referral. I am currently in software development. I would be happy to DM my resume. I have linked the position below. Have a great day. To giv
- Should I be a TPM or a PM? I'm currently a Dev at Microsoft, top rewards and visible projects on cloud. I'm getting my MBA in a couple weeks, and I want to use it to get into Google (or Facebook). I used to love coding, but now I want to focus on the bigger picture (system design, influence architecture, tech objectives, cus
- link Lyft T4 vs Facebook SWE Rotational Posting here on behalf of my wife : I have an offer from Facebook as a Rotational Engineer (145/0/60) and an offer from Lyft as a T4 (185/550/20). FB offer has no equity and a 12 month offer after which if I graduate then they match me to a E4 or higher. https://www.facebook.com/careers/life/fa
- Google Referral I'm a PM with a tech degree. I'm currently interviewing for a DevOps Engineer role with another company that I expect to possibly get an offer on. I spent several years at Apple (yes, I know) and now I'm at Facebook. I'm looking into Google careers and could use a referral (both tech and non-tech).
- Facebook Rotational Engineer vs Google T3 I have an offer from Facebook as a Rotational Engineer (145/0/60) and an offer from Google as a T3 (130/250/25). Fb is 0 equity for first 12 months, then if I graduate I get an offer as an E4. (If I don't "graduate" then no offer.) More info here: https://www.facebook.com/careers/life/facebooks
- link Interview Prep Hi. I have an upcoming interview at Facebook for a data scientist role (they call it data science, it's really product analytics). This is the role: https://www.facebook.com/careers/v2/jobs/209905326241987/?q=data%20science%20analytics&location=menlo-park I want to make sure I'm really well prepare
- Dead-End developer; 10 to 20 year industry trends Looking back, there were some smart and not so smart moves for software industry professionals to take their careers. Dedicating your time to becoming the number 1 Adobe Flash developer is not one of the smart moves. Desktop applications have seen a hefty decrease with web based applications replaci
- link Facebook Enterprise Engineer https://m.facebook.com/careers/jobs/a0I1200000LSOkpEAH/ Is this a SWE job? I have an onsite interview next week and I am in a dilemma about it right now. The recruiter mentioned they are looking for full stack engineers and will be working on developing internal tools for many teams across Facebook
- Sending a job application to Facebook Hey ✌️ I'm currently on the job market and see there are open positions at Facebook for Product Designer. The first listing on Glassdoor that I saw was 20+ days ago and was recently relisted earlier today. I filled in the job application on the Facebook careers page and sent through for when I saw
- link Partner Engineer @ Facebook I have noticed many people asking what partner engineering is at Facebook. Here is your answer: https://m.facebook.com/careers/life/partner-engineering-at-facebook “Facebook's Partner Engineers are a team of strategic software engineers who manage relationships with key partners, ensuring that th
- Looking for Uber EU referral Hi, so I can’t find any new grad SWE postings on the Uber careers site and I’m wondering if someone could refer me so I could get in touch with a recruiter. A few points about my background: - Interned as an Engineer at Facebook and AWS, currently have a full-time return offer from AWS. - Top 3 na
- What's going on in Building 8? anyone work there? types of hardware that you're producing or have produced in the past? seems fairly secretive. careers page very generic. is this where Aquila came out of? the old Facebook phone?
- Does Facebook ask web system design to ppl with no web experience ? I've heard Facebook interviews people from various backround - including embedded development, etc. Question is: If you've been doing firmware development / compilers / etc .. for all your careers, for the "system design" round will you get questions like: Design a web crawler / Design a distributed
- link Question around h1b and specialty occupation I have a question around the specialty occupation job description . Most of the jobs of software engineer and research engineer at google , Facebook and similar companies required bachelors and say masters / PhD preferred. My question is does it not cause issues with the h1b transfer / application
- How early can I switch? Hey blinders, I am about to begin my new grad role at Walmart. I am assured by many here that I won’t get challenging work there. So let’s say Walmart promotes in 2.5 yrs and they apply for my h1b visa in feb 2020. When should I plan my switch in best way possible considering I don’t compromise o
- Applied with outdated resume Hello, I applied to facebook swe year round internship and accidentally submitted the old version of my resume. Is there anyway to fix this, or am I screwed until next time? The careers website says I must wait 3 more monts to submit another application.
- link Facebook referral Would anyone from Facebook be willing to refer me for this role? https://www.facebook.com/careers/jobs/264401227547679/
- link Facebook Enterprise Engineering https://m.facebook.com/careers/jobs/a0I1200000LSOkpEAH/ Is this a SWE job? I have an onsite interview next week and I am in a dilemma about it right now. The recruiter mentioned they are looking for full stack engineers and will be working on developing internal tools for many teams across Facebook